“Fun way to learn”

Ranked #18 of 445 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the U.S. Constitution and its legacy of freedom. Located two blocks from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in Historic Philadelphia, the Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship as a state-of-the-art museum, a civic education hub and America's Town Hall.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington DC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun way to learn”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We're both in our thirties and interested in history (and one of us actually knows about it), no kids. We really enjoyed walking around this place and learning at our own pace, checking out what interested us

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“expensive disappoint”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

what a missed opportunity to tell the story of how the Constitution really changed the world. Instead, you get a glitzy, Disney-like, superficial fairy tale story

Visited December 2012
1 Thank pabljs
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Must see!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The National Constitution Center is a must see if you are visiting Philadelphia. There is just so much to see it might take more then 1 day. I recommend that if you choose to visit the National Constitution Center that you take the time to read all the explanations attached to the various exhibits. If PATCO ever opens the Franklin Square train station it will make visiting this attraction that much easier for folks. My recommendation that if you visit Philadelphia when the Philly Phlash is operating, purchase an all day ticket and use the Phlash to get around town.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Living Constitutional History”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

New director, Jeffery Rosen, has revitalized this important museum of the history of the US Constitution into the true town hall it was meant to be. A new exhibit, 1968, with both the political and social context of that year, month by month, supplements the impressive and interactive permanent exhibit, but the NCC's educational mission with a number of free and low cost public events is its real contribution. National Liberty medal in the fall, this year Hillary Clinton, will also be streamed on line.

Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Once again, I had an enjoyable trip to the National Constitution Center. This time, the special exhibit was "1968". Wow, I wish I had held on to the things I had that year. Who would have guessed that they would have meant so much to me now? The work that is put in to each exhibit is really amazing. Each time I have visited, I have had a great experience, and have learned even more of our country's history. I usually bring visitors with me, and it is always a great experience, especially mingling with the signers of the Constitution. Where else could I hobnob with such elite members of our government? I received a membership to the Center this year as a gift, and I'm taking full advantage of it, especially since I can bring a guest with me each time. Keep up the good work. What's next?

1 Thank Mary H