“Went to see the Bruce Springsteen Exhibit”

National Constitution Center
Ranked #26 of 471 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the U.S. Constitution and its legacy of freedom. Located two blocks from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in Historic Philadelphia, the Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship as a state-of-the-art museum, a civic education hub and America's Town Hall.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited the National Constitution Center for the Bruce Springsteen Exhibition. We used a Living Social deal for this so it made it good value for money. The Exhibition was excellent but we waited over an hour in line to get in. When we did get in there were too many people let in at once, so you were hearded along with everyone else and could not spend much time seeing what you wanted too. Great exhibit but I wish we had visited during a quieter time.

After this we toured the Consitution Center and learned a bit about the history of the constitution in the USA. The Freedom Rising show was good.

We had our first Philly cheesesteak in the cafe there and very nice it was too.

1  Thank sandancer56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"on display"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I LOVE this place!! I go at least once a year and its a great reminder that things written over two hundred years ago are applicable today. It was great to see how not just the Bill of Rights are applicable (as that's the "Constitution" I was taught when I was younger) but the Constitution itself. It works in items from many turbulent times in our history to teach the lesson in all facets of the document. To those that say its short obviously missed the display (I'll admit I missed it the first time). The end treat of the bronze sculptures of the signers and dissenters is always fun.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to see the Bruce Springsteen exhibit which was fine. The freedom rising show was nice and at that exit you are led into exhibits on the history of the constitution. Everything was well done but I had expected more. We went through the whole museum rather quickly.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm not really sure what I expected from the NCC but I left feeling I'd paid more than it was worth. As others have stated there's a 1-person show in the round and the actor was quite good. Any monologue that lasts 15-20 minutes is a challenge! Once done with the show the interactive portion begins with many hands-on exhibits circling the outside of the top of the theater. There was lots of history here and lots of reading. It's possible I was just very tired from two days of walking and that's why I found my eyes glazing over with all the reading.

I did thoroughly enjoy the Signers' Hall exhibit. Bronze statues of the 42 men who were present for the signing of the constitution: 39 who signed and 3 who refused. It was interesting to see these famous men in life-size.

At $14.50 per adult I felt this was a bit over-priced. $10 would have been a more fare price in my opinion.