“Everything we coul dhave dreamed for our daughter”

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We started planning our daughter's wedding in January 2009 and the entired experience was stress free. The planner for the event, the room reservationist, the guest relations, captains and staff. It was a relaxing experience and our guests are still raving about the service. Everyone's accomodations were met, every reservation for rooms made and the service impecable. We wanted to do it all over again, we had so much fun. My daughter felt like a princess with the attention that was shown her that day. Thanks Randy, Kris and everyone, you did a fabulous job.

• Stayed: April 2010
There are newer reviews for Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue

Reviewed May 8, 2010

My stay was very nice. The room attendent took care of my room so after a hard day at work I came back to my room : tidy, clean and comfy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We had a fire, and were looking for a hotel that would allow us some comfort while insurance issues were addressed (it took a week). In that time time housekeeping forgot to clean the room one day, and did not vacuum the room during our entire stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isaacp
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton City Avenue while visiting St. Joe’s University with my son on April 12th. We stayed in room 815 and the room seemed to be freshly renovated. It was very clean and spacious and I liked the large flat screen TV in the room. The staff was very friendly and it seemed each time I came in contact with someone they said hello. I didn’t have dinner at the hotel, but breakfast was very nice and the buffet had a good selection. It was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel not only for it’s convenience to St. Joe’s University, but that all staff were friendly and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
HiltonCityAvenue, Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. All the team members at the Hilton Philadelphia strive to ensure each and every guest has a comfortable and memorable experience. We are proud to be an official hotel partner of St. Joseph's University and work very closely with them each day. Our proximity to the University (1/2 mile) makes it easy for many members of the "Hawk" community to stay with us on a regular basis while their family is attending school. We look forward to your next arrival so we can "WOW" you again!

Reviewed April 17, 2010

I had a 3 day seminar at the Hilton in March. At first I was going to commute back home each night 1 1/2 hrs. I was so impressed with the hospitality and atmosphere of the hotel, I stayed for 2 nights . Right from the start the staff was so heplful and friendly. It is located out of the hustle and bustle of the center city but stores and restaurants were still close by.
My room was excelent and the bed was very comfortable. The included breakfast buffet was outstanding. Eggs to order, fresh friut with many options. The best I have ever had as an included breakfast.
I spent a couple of hours in the lounge the last night. The staff was delightful and entertaining. I met a local doctor there reading a book. He said he stops by often because it has the best atmosphere he has found for a relaxing drink.
I have stayed in hotels all over the world. This was an unexpected pleasure even though I had a lot of work to do. The parking was reasonable as well. Go figure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I traveled with my son for a campus experience at St. Joseph's University. The hotel is minutes away from SJU so it was very convenient. We were in Room 611 and it was beautifully renovated. The room and bathroom were extremely neat and clean. The beds were made up nicely and looked very inviting when entering the room. They were also very clean and very comfortable with a down comforter. We had a great night's sleep. The lobby had plenty of seating contrary to other reviews. Staff extremely friendly. Pool and weight room very nice. We had a complimentary breakfast but were unable to use. On the down side, it cost $10 for valet parking but it was worth it so you didn't have a long walk after parking car since there was no actual parking lot at hotel. We also didn't like the fact that it costs $10 to use wireless internet. I believe that should be free since it is something guests would commonly use. One night's stay is little pricey but I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I'm a stickler for cleanliness and the room was clean. It was OK to give my daughter a bath in the tub. Not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere. The remote control was missing but we don't really watch TV so it was fine. They had valet parking which was a big plus, and cabs were readily available. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
University City
Homewood Suites University City
Homewood Suites University City
#28 of 87 in Philadelphia

Been to Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue? Share your experiences!