“What's their angle?”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grosmont, United Kingdom
“What's their angle?”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed two nights, with a night elsewhere in between.

The rooms are comfortable and spacious, but our bed was on an angle across the corner of the room, which is a little odd.

Facilities and amenities in the room are good, and the executive lounge is comfortable and welcoming, with tasty snackettes.

Good to see free access to a computer terminal and printer as well as good wifi.

Breakfast had a good choice of offerings.

If in a car, choose valet parking as it avoids a load of hassle for little extra cost.

Would stay there again...I know that I already did.. and would suggest you do to if in the area.

Room Tip: High floor is better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cwyfan
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was pleased to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and the hotel and it's Service Team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all members of the team. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Quality of an Executive Level room and its in room furnishings were not to my liking. Chairs were worn to point where the "leatherette" was peeling and splitting. In room furniture, window coverings and bed linens were just old and beat. I understand this is a Level 6 hotel for Honors Members. Really...? The heating/cooling system was very loud and ensured that sleep interruptus was in full effect. Room service was exeditious, our order was tasty, the server was warm and pleasant.

1 Thank Ingrid H
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued. I have reviewed your posting with all members of the team to make improvements that are needed based on your feedback. I will be sure to share your very kind comments regarding your service in Room Service with the In-Room Dining staff. Thank you.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was, without a doubt, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff is incredibly rude. Light shines into the hotel room. I was here after a wedding and the staff was unable to do something as simple as book a cab for me. I ended up walking up and down City Ave and hailing one down myself in the cold. Stay at a Holiday Inn Express, it will be cheaper.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a review. I apologize that you had issues with your sleep and that the light shined in on you throughout the course of the night. Every guest room is supplied with a set of blackout curtains that are just behind the window shears. Also I am sorry that you had difficulty getting a cab on a Sunday morning, the hotel staff does call and make cab requests for the guests but being Sunday morning there are not as many cabs running on City Avenue as during a week day.

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Lake Hopatcong, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It is conveniently located but can easily get pricey - especially room service. I was even charged for a pot of hot water. Also, no FREE Wifi. Bed was a little too soft. If you don't mind all that, you will really like it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your frank and honest assessment of your stay and I will sharing this review with all members of the team. I do apologize for the Room Service staff having charged you for a pot of hot water, this is definitely not hotel policy and I will make sure that this is addressed.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel Charges $9.95 per night per device for WIFI. Most hotels ofer complimentary WIFI. Both nights, my key card did not work....had to go back down to lobby and get them reactivated. Valet parking was slow to bring car on Sunday morning. There were a few groups arriving so there could have been more help with vehicles. of Pricy for location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. I am sorry that you expereinced an issue with your keys and the speed of the Valet on Sunday morning. I will be sure to address these issues with all involved.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our 4th or 5th time staying at this hotel and this will be our last. The rooms are completely old and worn. The lock on the door into the room was broken off and didn't give us a good safe feeling at night when we were sleeping. The halls were filled with cigarette smoke, even though this is a smoke free hotel. Lastly, my 1 year old was up all night with an ear infection and cold, and in the morning, when I asked the woman at the front desk if there was a hospital or urgent care facility close by that I could go to, she said, "let me see what I can find on Google". Not only could I have don't that myself, but she came back to me and told me she couldn't find anything. When I later took a short drive up the street from the hotel, I found a big sign for an urgent care facility a few blocks away. The people are less than helpful (except for the valet) and this place is just dirty, worn and old. We are due to come back down next year and the group I was with have already decided to find something else in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am truly sorry that the staff was far from helpful in helping you locate the information that you needed. There is no excuse for the team member not being versed on the local amenities located near the hotel. As to the issue with smoking, the hotel is a non smoking facitity and we do take action with regards to guests smoking in the hotel whenever the situation is brought to our attention. When a guest is found to be smoking in a room they are asked to checkout of the hotel. Again please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed 03/07 - 03/09/14. Shortly after check in, we requested 1 set of additional towels. They were never provided. On our second night there, we called the front desk requesting they quell the majorly loud party just down the hall from our room. Very loud and boisterous group yelling and singing in the hallways. After the second call, someone addressed the group. Things got a little quieter for 5 minutes. Picked right up again. Management never readdressed the problem. Room service was an hour late although breakfast was ordered the night before. Never got our wake up call the morning of checkout. Very expensive for the service provided.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor in the back, away from the lobby.
1 Thank jayjleary
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your thoughts. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with being disturbed by other guest's lod behavior and that the hotel staff did not deal with this problem in a decisive manner. Also I am truly sorry that you experienced other service related problems. I assure you that all of these issues will be addressed with the staff. Thank you.