“Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia”

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Ranked #46 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walkersville, United States
“Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great Hotel! We stay there several times throughout the year while our daughter attends a local college. We love it ! It is very close to her college and the restaurant and bar are very nice. The staff could not be more accommodating. We highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for making the Hilton City Avenue your home away from home when visiting your daughter. It is very good to read that the hotel and its Service Team continue to meet your expectations and help to provide you with a pleasant stay while visiting your daughter. I will be sure to share your thoughts with all members of the team.

Again thank you for your review and I hope to have you as a guest at the hotel again in the near future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel met our needs. Although our room didn't have much of a view (it overlooked a roof), it was quite comfortable -- nice beds, clean bathroom, most of the basic amenities. There was no alarm clock or docking station in the room, but wake-up calls could be requested. The concierge gave us a good recommendation for dinner and we appreciated his help. Breakfast was terrific -- delicious, attractive presentation, many options. Overall, the stay was fine, but we had a few issues. In the middle of the night, we heard doors closing loudly up and down our hall. (The door to our room was heavy and had to be pulled closed, so I'm guessing that others had the same situation and we were hearing them.) At one point in the middle of the night, two men were having a loud conversation in the hall and were trying to open our door. This wasn't the hotel's fault, but I repeatedly called the front desk to ask them to send security up and no one answered. Eventually the person stopped trying to open our door, but it was unnerving. In the morning, I found that we had been charged twice for valet parking. I attempted to call the front desk to have the duplicate charge removed and again, there was no answer at the front desk. I began to wonder if our phone was out of order. Due to traffic, it took us a long time to get into the city. The location was convenient for our primary purpose, but we would probably stay in the city next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts by posting a review. I was happy to read that in general you enjoyed your stay and the hotel and its Service Team met you needs. I have made note of the points where we as a team could have done a better job or been more responsive and I assure you that these points along with the positive aspects of your review have been shared with all members of the team.

Again thank you for sharing your thoughts and for having stayed at the hotel. I do hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.
Glen Head, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We recently stayed at your hotel for one night, after moving my daughter in at Saint Joseph's University. Since it was a long day for us, we decided to stay in and have dinner at Delmonico's.
My son was with us, who is gluten free. The waitress knew this, and informed us if we ordered anything that wasn't gluten free. She also suggested items for my son, and requested the kitchen to make a few items gluten free.

She was extremely attentive to my sons needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay during your daughter's move into SJU and for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that one of the Service Team went out of her way to do what she could to make your stay even more special. I have shared this review with all members of the team and personally complimented your server for a job well done.

Again thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay and I hope that you will be a guest at the hotel again in the near future.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice. The staff has always been helpful and polite, which is very much appreciated. The complimentary infused water, wonderful staff serving during the breakfast hour and the accessibility of the hotel to other amenities (i.e. Target and Starbucks) definitely makes for an even more enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and share your thoughts about your stay. I was very please to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel and its Service Team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team.

Again thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will be a guest of the Hilton City Avenue again in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location surrounded by good restaurants just a few minutes from the downtown core. Safe neighborhood, warm and friendly staff with the quality of amenities you'd expect from the Hilton chain. My only gripe: why do they make you pay $10/day/device for WiFi? If Starbucks, McDonalds and lower end hotels can offer free WiFi, why can't they?

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I want to thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel and its Service Team met you overall expectations. It is the goal of all members of the Team to ensure that the guest has a pleasant and enjoybable stay and it always a pleasure to hear from the guest that this goal was met.

Again thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly hope that you will stay at the hotel again the next time you are visiting the Philadelphia area.
stafford, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a great hotel to prepare for the day ahead. Whether for relaxing and holiday, or for business. The restaurant has awesome food, the drinks are great, the rooms are spacious and the staff is warm and inviting. The valet was courteous and efficient with a helpful attitude and sincere interest in your comfort. I thorough enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for posting a review of your stay. You very kind words are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with all members of the hotel team. It is always good to hear that both the hotel and it's Service Team have met a guest's expectations and assisted in making the guest's stay both pleasant and enjoyable. I hope to have you as a guest at the hotel again in the near future. Thank you.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel was luxury at a bargain price. The doormen were nice, the bellhop was nice and the room was luxurious compared to other Hilton's I've stayed in. The location was close to where we were visiting my son. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. I was very please to read that both the hotel and it's Service Team met you expectations and made your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team.

Again thank you for your stay and very kind comments. I hope that you will be a guest of the hotel the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.