“Solid”

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very solid hotel. A bit on the expensive side but it's a Hilton and was about a mile away from my friend's home so the location was great. The area is not very exciting but it's close enough to Philly that you can enjoy Philadelphia while staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. I was very please to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel and it's Service Team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with all members of the team.

I hope to have you as a guest at the Hilton City Avenue the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thann you.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Hilton on City Ave. in Philadelphia. We were visiting for a wedding that I was a part of and I needed a very comfortable bed the night before. Hilton didn't let me down. The room was very nice and the bed was so comfy that I fell asleep right away and awoke well rested for the long day ahead. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel and it's service team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team. I hope to have you as a guest again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was the hotel arranged for my friend's wedding for out of town guests. Even with the special rate, we felt that we overpaid for what we received. While the staff were all great, the bed was comfortable, and the food in the lounge was pretty good, everything else was average to poor. The armchair and ottoman in the room had spots so worn there wasn't even leather left!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for having stayed at the hotel for your friend's wedding and for taking the time to post a review. I want to apologize that not all aspects of your stay were as satisfactory as others. The guest's satisfaction is of great importance to the hotel and as a team all members strive to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable stay. I was very please to read that with regards to staff friendliness and service, the comfort of your sleep and the quality of your dining experience the team met your expectations.

Again thank you for your stay and your frank and honest assessment of your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with all members of the team so that we can build on the good points that you mentioned and improve on other areas where we as a team did not met your needs.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice hotel for a quick or short stay; very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Not great location to walk around to walk around; but very convenient drive to shopping, restaurants & St Joe's Univ.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay while visiting St. Joseph's University and for taking the time to post a review. I was very please to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that the hotel and it's team seemed to have met your expectations. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team.

Again thank you for your stay and for your frank and honest assessment of your stay. i hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Upon arrival found the public areas, lobby, hallways, and elevators hot and humid. The 4th floor hallway had no air conditioning and it was boiling hot. I called the front desk twice about this but the problem was never solved. Our room was cool and the beds were clean and comfy. Was a little disappointed that the wifi was not free and there was no refrigerator. At about 6am the next morning I found our toilet bowl was clogged. Reported it about 7:30 and from there on the disaster begins. There were workmen in the bathroom for an hour and the bathroom could not be used. I had two teenagers with me that we're awakened by the noise and now had to use the bathroom. I called the front desk and asked them for another room so we could bathe and use the toilet. I was told there were no rooms available and that we could use the lobby bathroom. We packed up and the teenagers went to the lobby while I finished packing. The management finally offered another room on another floor. I told them that I had children that needed a a bathroom an hour ago and were in the lobby using the bathroom. We left our room at 9:30 And the workmen were still repairing the toilet. We were forced to pack up and use lobby bathrooms to wash and toilet and all management offered us for our troubles were breakfast passes. Never going back there.

1  Thank techlady4160
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to have posted this review. Needless to say I was very sorry to have read about the issue you encountered and the lack of positive action that was taken by the team member to try and make the situation right. While a problem such as you experienced with you guest room bathroom can occur there is however was no excuse for the team members not properly reacting to the challenge and getting you another room to use to get ready in. Please accept my personal apology for the situation not being handled in a more proactive manner by the hotel staff.

Again please accept my apologies for what you experienced and thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I do hope that you will again consider staying at the Hilton City Avenue the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall, we had a nice stay here. This was my first time staying at a Hilton and I thought it would be more upscale. Really the place was not any different from other hotels I have staid at. The building seemed old but everything was well maintained, clean and modern. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. For the price paid for the room ($150 total) I think it is a shame we had to pay to park at the hotel and the parking lot was sketchy....run down with a busted up old limo rusting in the corner of the lot. Location wise, it seems like a good spot but I could do without the view of the water treatment plant next door. Staff was nice but we did not have to have any interaction besides check in an out. Wish a breakfast was included but it is not.

• Stayed: July 2013
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. Your frank and honest assessment of your stay is greatly apprecaited and valued. I assure you that I will share your feedback with all members of the team so that we can look at ways to improve the overall experience of our guests.

Again thank you for your stay and for your very constructive comments. I do hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived in the rain and as soon as I told the valet that I was going to self park, he told me to move my car to the street. While checking in the girl at the front desk was laughing while she was talking to me. We finally get to the room and there are 2 wash clothes and 3 hand and bath towels for 4 people. I called the front desk to request more and was put on hold so she could check the computer and see how many towels it said we had. She then tells me someone will come up with more towels. No towels ever came. It was late and I was on the 8th floor with two little kids to bathe so I just made due. Nothing is complementary...the Internet is $10 per device. No coffee in the lobby. The staff was not helpful or friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. I want to personally apologize for the lack of true warmth and hospitality and the lack of follow up to your request that you experienced. I assure you that making the guest feel welcome and meeting their needs is the main priority of the team members here at the hotel and I am truly sorry that this was not shown to you and your family during their stay. I assure you that I will share your frank and honest assessment of your stay with all members of the team so that we can learn from our mistakes and make improvements to how we deal one on one with our guests.

I do hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area so that you can see that improvements have been made based on your comments. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
0 mi away
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue? Share your experiences!