“Two Day Conference”

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was there for a conference this week. The front desk staff was courteous BUT now the downside. The bathroom had dirty towels and shower. The buffet breakfast consisted of 1 chef making omlettes...that's it. There was a meat station, but no pancakes or French toast. Not worth $30 a person.

The lounge staff were very attentive. This is a dated Hilton that needs to be updated. I would consider staying here again but only if nothing else was available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

I want to thank you having stayed at the hotel and for posting a review. I would like to personally apologize that the hotel and it's team did not meet your needs and expectations in all areas. i am truly sorry that in the areas of guest room cleanliness and the buffet offerings that the hotel and it's team failed to hit it's mark. I was of course pleased to read that your one on one encounters with the hotel staff were pleasant and that the team was warm and hopitable. I will be sure to share all of your comments with the team so that we can work on making improvements to areas of concern that you raised.

Again thank you for your stay and for your detailed assesment of your stay, it is greatly appreciated. I do hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I attended a 6 day religious conference at this hotel. The bellman and valet guys were great. It is worth to pay an additional $5 for the valet parking. The rooms were nice and the bed slept well. The folks at the front desk were always helpful. Don't try to sit on the bench in the bath tub; it is very slippery when wet. I slipped down into the tub. This is a great location with a mini mall across the street and many family Restuarants. I ate with the conference and the food was very good. We had room service twice and it was OK but a bit pricey. I will definitely stay hear again.

Room Tip: Room 600 was a good location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lettsr1949

I want to thank you for having stayed at the hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I was very pleased to read that the hotel and it's team met your expectations and provided you with an enjoyable stay. I will make sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team.

Again thank you for having chosen the Hilton City Avenue and I hope to have you as a guest again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room was ok, bathroom was small! no way two people can be in the bathroom at the same time. I've stayed at Hiltons around the world and I was a bit dissapointed, my last two trips to two different Hilton's I havent been all that satisfied. Room service was decent, staff is very friendly and welcoming. Valet takes forever, plan to wait for you car!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for having stayed at the hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I am truly sorry that the hotel and it's team did not meet your expectations for every aspect of your stay. It is the goal of each team member to make every guest's stay a memorable one and i would like to apologize that this was not so for all areas. I will be sure to share your comments with all members of the team so that we can make improvements in the areas where we as a team did not hit the mark.

Again thank you for staying and for sharing your thoughts with me. I do hope that you witll consider staying at the Hilton City Avenue again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was disappointed with the Service. Room keys constantly needed reprogramming and small front desk staff made receiving timely service to fix the issue wasted even more time. The front desk staff was not very accommodating and was at times rude about my requests for an additional room when multiple were available.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I want to thank you for having stayed at the hotel and for taking the time to have posted a review. I am of course disappointed to have read that the Service Team's one on one interaction was far from satisfactory and failed to have met your expectations. It is the goal of every team member to make each guest's stay a memorable one and I am truly sorry that we failed to have met this goal during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with all members of the team so that improvements can be made in how every member of the team interacts with the guest.

Again thank you for your stay and for your frank and honest assement. Your feed back is appreciated and valued. I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area so that you can see that your comments were acted upon. Thank you.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Hilton was modern, clean, friendly. I can't complain. Was just a little pricey but worth the peace of mind. I stayed overnight and the only complaint I have is a loose shower head that drooped. I didnt report it since I was just staying overnight. No big deal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John S

I want to thank you for staying at the hotel and for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that the hotel and it's team members met you expectations. I did make note of your comment regarding the shower head and will share this with our Engineering and Housekeeping team.

Again thank you for your stay and for sharing you thoughts. I truly hope that you will again choose the Hilton City Avenue the next time you are in the Philadelphia area for business or pleasure. Thank you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Room was alright but reservations were not accurate. 2 Restaureants. Food was good but service slow at Delmonicos Staff at front desk quite polite and helpful.. They are good at Weddings, Banquers, and Seminars.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are closest to elevator? Request room further down the hall.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time post a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and truly valued. While it appears that in general you enjoyed your overall stay and found the staff to be warm and inviting, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with reservations and some delays in your dinner service in Delmonico's. I will be sure to review your comments with all members of the team so that we can make improvements to the areas of concern that you raised in order to enhance our guest's overall experinece.

Again thank you for choosing the Hilton City Avenue and I sincerely hope that you will be a guest of the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. I always thought Hilton was at or near the top when talking about hotels. The rooms are nice, furnishings old. The leather chairs are showing their age as they are cracked. Wifi is extra, breakfast is extra. It seems like everything was extra. If you stay at the Homewood Suites next door (it is attached), wifi is available in the lobby, continental breakfast is free. And you can use all the amenities at the Hilton at no charge. Friends stayed their for less. Wish I knwe about the Homewood befor3e I booked the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaySPenna

Thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and for taking the time to post a review. The feedback that you have provided is greatly appreciated. Your review has provided valuable feedback that will be used to help to improve the operation of the hotel so as to in enhance the overall guest experience.

Again thank you for having stayed at the hotel and for your frank and honest feedback. In speaking for all members of the Service Team here at the hotel I truly hope that you will consider choosing the Hilton City Avenue the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.