Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Kimpton
$144
$134
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$169
$152
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$158
$143
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$237
$166
Agoda.com
$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain linejoseph's universitydelmonicovalet parkingvalet servicebusiness triphomewood suitesfitness centerballroombellmancollegeconference
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here for just one night. I would say it is a standard hotel of the quality expected from Hilton. The front desk was a bit slow. The room was nice, clean and fairly spacious with all the amenities including a room safe. Bathroom was clean and features antique fixtures. Room is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed there last night, arriving around 11pm after my best friends wedding. As I walk in I see our group, there were about 15 of us, eating OUTSIDE of the restaurant/bar where the lights were on, tables were clear, and people were drinking at the bar. I quickly asked what was going on as my date went to pay for a room. Found out that were not permitted to use their dining area to dine after hours if we didn't buy it from them. Oh ok- so let's just get some from here.... Oh the kitchen is closed. Hm. Ok. I need a drink then. Oh really? The bar is closed too? Are you kidding me?! After the managers only response of the robotic "it's our policy ma'am, it's our policy ma'am it's just our policy ma'am" you Hilton lost a lot of money that night. NOT worth it. Pretentious staff. You can get a comfy bed for much less.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Chokemoo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience this challenge caused to you and the other guests that were involved. We sincerely hope to have the opportunityt o welcome you back to the Hilton soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I've stayed here two times over the past year. Service is excellent and the rooms are standard Hilton. The location is great if you have appointments outside the city. Valet parking, while not required, is probably what you'll need to use, so plan for that. The gym is standard, but in good working order and clean. Wifi worked great, and the restaurant and bar area is busy with good service. This Hilton works well for business travelers.
There are a few restaurants you can walk to, including a little shopping center with a Target, Starbucks, etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DCtraveler0009
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate the feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The hotel was fine in virtually all respects. The weekend pricing on the executive floor was more than reasonable, and the executive lounge was well staffed and furnished. Breadfast served there was excellent. Check-in and check-out were fast, friendly and accurate. A very welcoming experience. If there is a negative it's that a first time guest can find it confusing to enter by auto on the first visit. City Avenue is a very busy thoroughfare and if approaching from the city, there are multiple left turns available close to the hotel. You must pass the hotel and turn in to reach the front entrance.

Room Tip: Book executive floor if available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LFA

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is sincerely appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Had some bad experiences.

1. Guys. You should not lie.
I am a gold member and I requested a space-available upgrade to exec floor. The first employee I met told me that the night is full book, so it cannot be done. Because I did not think it was busy time of the month and week, I requested again to higher manager. And suddenly a room appeared. I would not think that you guys gave me a booked room. No way.
I know that it is more convenient to just lie that you are fully booked, but pleas lie all the time consistently or don't.

2. It took about 30 min. to borrow a flash light.
I know I am not supposed to borrow one, but employees in the front were very negligent about how much it is going to take for their security to bring one. One woman was almost very rude and did not care about anything out of her job description.

3. Breakfast area smelled like a towel that's not been properly dried. You know.. the smell of water gone bad.

Only thing that was nice was door men who did their job.
The front desk employees should learn about the upgrade policy of hilton honnors, and general attitude.

Room Tip: "I am sorry, the overall experience was not good"
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank War F
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your overall experience, and I will be sending you a private message to further assist you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.