“Very nice, front desk needs improving”

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Ranked #45 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Very nice, front desk needs improving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Aside from the sub-par front desk service (did not enter my Hilton Honors number, did not give my AAA discount, did not inform me on parking options and then double charged me for parking, did not provide my Hilton Honors preferences or amenities) - which I believe was an anomaly due to a new, inexperienced employee - this is a very nice hotel. Great location just a few miles from the heart of Philadelphia. Clean, spacious rooms and a great breakfast. We often stay here when in Philadelphia and will continue to do so.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Poonya
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the challenges you experienced regarding your Hilton HHONORS benefits. I am glad that your overall experience with the Hilton Philadelphia was a positive one, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Staten Island , NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

The Hilton Hotel on City Line Ave is in a quiet location about 15 minutes from Center of the city. Great restraunt, and extremely polite and helpful staff.

The rooms are very nice.

We have stayed at this hotel 5 times.

John Gebhardt

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I came in from Connecticut to the Hilton Hotel on July 22, 2011. The Young lady at the front desk was very proffesional and polite and exceptionally helpful. The room service was excellent, the valets and bellman was very helpful and courteous. I had my meal at the dining room and the staff there was veryprofessional. Our overall experience was wonderful. Keep up the good job and continue doing what you do best. My Husband and i had no complaints it was a very great experience.

Room Tip: Very clean and well kept.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Philadelphia. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue was sooo much better than I had expected. I was attending my 50th high school reunion for the weekend of May 14th 2011 for 3 days. I was struck right away by the big "hello and welcome" from the doorman when I arrived. The hotel lobby was clean, modern and very eye appealing. The front desk staff had me up in my room in just 3 short minutes. From that time to the time I checked out 3 days later everyone knew my name and always offered help or a service. The room was large, clean and decorated with modern, comfortable tables, chairs and upgraded with many extras bedding. The bath room has a large assortment of items to use. They bar area was large, quiet and offered private area's. I like swimming and found the pool to be indoor and some what on the small side. The hotel is very convenient to the interstate 76 which can get you to down town Philly in minutes or outside Philly to Valley Forge National Park. I like to avoid the load down town hotels when possible. I would stay again at this first class hotel

Room Tip: Look for the room that overlooks the reservoir. It look like a lake.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that your experience was a very positive one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have stayed in various Hiltons all over the country in the past year and am very disappointed this hotel is part of the chain.
I had a woman at the front desk who should be trained in customer service. She couldn't be bothered with my issue of being charged the incorrect room rate. The person 'in charge' of the hotel at the time was a Sales Manager. Where was the GM or Assistant GM at 7:30am when guests are checking out? The fact that he said he would change my rate 'as a courtesy' I found appalling. I am the customer.
I see no reason why with all the people out of work in this country Hilton hires people who are clearly not meant to be in the hospitality business.
The people that park your car for an additional charge of $10 a night are the hardest working people at this hotel and completely understaffed. The parking charge and the fact it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get your car in the morning is another reason you should avoid this hotel.

4 Thank CLF2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the challenges you encountered during your recent visit. I will be sending you a private message to further assist you.

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very clean and quiet. Hilton Honors Gold members get continental breakfast coupons ($5 extra if you want made-to-order eggs and breakfast meats). Parking somewhat of a hassle. It is approx. 200 yards to the entrance with lots of geese droppings to contend with. The Hilton does not cover the $5 self-parking fee like the colocated Homewood Suites. City Line Pizza is two blocks away and has superb thin crust pizza at great prices. They do deliver.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors recommended
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton City Ave hotel for one night. The hotel is very clean. The valet attendants were very friendly. Parking was not expensive. $10 daily valet parking with in and out privileges and $5 self parking but you do not get in and out privileges. The front staff were friendly and professional. The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in walking distance to many stores and restaurants. Overall this is a very nice hotel. This was my second stay and I won't hesitate to stay there again! My only complaint was that I did not receive a free bottle of water as I am a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family