“Thoroughly enjoyed the Colonial Cheesesteak tour”

Free and Friendly Tours
Ranked #21 of 75 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a Free and Friendly walking tour with us! It’s free, which means you tip us what you want. It’s friendly because we’re friendly folks. And it’s Philadelphia because we love it and want you to love it too. We’re a Philly company and we’ll show you the whole Philadelphia – or the whole of what’s in walking distance. We lend our friendship freely and we’ll gladly recommend a place to go out after the tour.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just as advertised...a fun way to learn quite a lot about the historical district in Philadelphia -- and even (most of) the children enjoyed it! Mike is friendly, outgoing, and knowledgeable. Since it is free, it was no-risk for us and our motley crew with 4 adults, a 10 year old, two thirteen year olds, and two eighteen year olds. We weren't sure how well the kids & teens would do so we liked the knowledge that we could leave at any time. In the end, we chose to continue for the full 2 1/2 hours even though we had planned to stop at the 1 1/2 hour point -- and felt it was well-worth the tip we gave him! Calling ahead (even a 1/2 hour beforehand) is great because then he knows to expect you and will wait a couple of minutes if you are late. BTW, the meeting point is in front of the OMNI hotel -- I couldn't see any street address there.
In the future I plan to take the Billy Penn tour!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"quaker meeting house"
"enjoyable tour"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour to anyone"
in 2 reviews
"a lot of fun"
"visiting philadelphia"
"founding fathers"

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Philadelphia at the last minute. I went on line and found the Free and Friendly Tour. Our tour guide was Mike and he was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. We were on tour with a couple from Germany and their baby(a very well behaved baby) and they enjoyed the tour as well. In addition, Mike was very forthcoming about restaurants and other places to visit that his tour did not include. Eventhough we have been to Philly several times, I would highly recommend this tour because of the addtitional knowledge we learned about our nations history. Thanks so much for the easgoing and enjoyable tour.
Lori R.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been to Philly several times, but this is the first tour of the city I've been on and highly suggest it. I took the Billy Penn tour with Mark, who provided a very informative and witty walk through of center city. It was well-paced and personal enough to allow for any questions and discussion en route to the various checkpoints. My favorite parts were the exploration of different architectural styles seen in many buildings downtown, as well as the awesome lunch from reading terminal market. If you're in Philly and have time for a tour, I'd recommend these gents.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed in Philadelphia for half of year already, when I went to free and friendly tour guided by Mark. Despite the fact that I knew a city already, I've learned lot of new interesting information. All tour was made in a easygoing and friendly atmosphere. It was great to learn that there are people who love their city so much and willing to shoe it to the rest pf the world! I'd highly recommend to try it if you a visiting Philly, or already there and want to learn more about this great city! Thank you very much!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I took the Billy Penn tour because I wanted to learn more about the city and luckily, I got a guide who was from the area. Mark did a great job pointing out interesting aspects of Center City, from the history to interesting architectural details. We even visited Macy's to learn about the history behind its fantastic light display and took a tour of Reading Terminal Market. It was a very fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I definitely recommend Free and Friendly tours!