“Middle Eastern yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Zaytouna

Al Zaytouna
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Zaytouna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,877 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Tunisian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. 9th St.
Bridgeport, CT
“Middle Eastern yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was a little apprehensive when I arrived, since I was the only diner, though there were lots of take-out bags waiting to go out. But the food was quite good--and I've had my share of Middle Eastern food thanks to a relative by marriage. Stuffed grape leaves were just a little soggier than I like, but still tasty. Mixed kabobs were yummy, but I was disappointed the restaurant had run out of couscous, which I'd been looking forward to. But the rice was very nice, too. Very nice hummus.

• Visited January 2014

Augusta, Georgia
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been there several times now, the service is good, the food is very good, we orders several items we had mixed grill, mixed grilled veggies, shawerma, appetizer sampler. And they were all very good. The best is shawerma, it is served with rice, hummus, and salad. The rice is and hummus are good, the salad is not exceptional.
My husband had the mixed grill which is chicken kabab ( perfectly cooked and juicy), lamp kabab ( little bit undercooked in the centerbut still good) and the ground beef that my husband didn't really like because it had too much mint taste. He took different side : meshwiya salad which is grilled pepper and tomatoes ground and mixed together, and fava bean salad. It's overall a good place, kids friendly but no kids menu so we ordered a side chicken and French fries ($6.5 total) that my 2 kids can share.
The portions are big so you don't need an appetizer with your order unless you are very very hungry.
The bathroom is very clean and has a changing table.
I recommend this place

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved this small, friendly place with tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great service at Al Zaytouna. If you blink, you might miss this spot in the Italian Market. We wanted a place to grab a bite on our way home from airport and googled "South Philly Restaurants" and selected this one. Glad we did.

We had the appetizer sampler and liked it so much we ordered more hommus and falafel. I also had the Zaytouna Salad which came dressed and was still light and enjoyable for a summer night. My husband had the large Greek salad which was LARGE. We left full! We sat outside, but the inside is spacious and bathroom is clean!

• Visited August 2013
philadellphia
“Great easy takeout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great place for takeout - the restaurant is small and there is not much to the ambulance. Staff is helpful - salmon salad is unbelievable!!! Huge piece of fish and tasty.
The platters are a great value.
Good food and won't disappoint !

“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was at al zaytouna last week i have the al zaytouna combo it had salmon a lamb chop chicken and beef cubes and kofta the dish was huge I didn't think I could finish it but it was so delicious I almost lick it my girl friend had the salmon she loved it we I was a great diner for less than 35 $ I love this place this is my new spot