“Manayunk Food Tour”

and up
Chestnut Hill Culinary Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Voted BEST TOURIST ACTIVITY by Manayunk.com and commended by The Travel Channel as: "Excellent food tours...which lets guests sample beloved savory and sweet food found only in Philly while learning about local architecture, history and culture"! Our tours are original concept, meaning that we were the first & original food tour in each of the neighborhoods in which we operate, with long-standing relationships with our tasting locations. We want to impress that our Philadelphia Guided Tours are non-touristy, REAL neighborhoods we'll be showing you around - featuring foods from locally-owned businesses celebrated for their cultural Philly foods. And for those native to the Philadelphia area, we'll show you hidden foodie gems you may have missed, up-and-coming food trends, & in-depth history of Philadelphia's 300-year-old neighborhoods. Peruse our 400+ reviews, then head to our site to reserve your space, (we're not exaggerating, nearly every tour sells out!). We can't wait to meet you!
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Would recommend tour do it's uniqueness and diversity of food. We had a great tour guide who provided information in a both a personable and personal manner (Manayunk resident). I would rate the cupcake stop the best overall for quality and presentation. Thought all the tastings were good and the setting is informal, it's my opinion that some of the other stops need to kick up the presentation a notch. The size of the cheesesteak and burger could have been a little bigger. This is a real nice tour for teenagers through adults of all ages.

ChewPhilly, Owner at Chew Philly Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

We pride ourselves on the quality of our food tastings and presentation, and were surprised to hear that you weren't completely satisfied. We are continuously striving to improve and innovate our product, and take your feedback seriously. Each of our participants' experiences are important to us, and we thank you again for taking the time to write this valuable review.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Loved the tour. Loved the food. Tour guide was professional and personable. The only suggestion would be to stress to people that the Philly Pass is the best bargain for your money. Yet, do not park in the garage then go upstairs to collect your tickets. We did not realize we had a distance to travel to get to the tour, and we must travel by car. It cost us an additional. $8.00 to retrieve our car, drive to the tour, then return to the city and the garage to pay additional parking fees. Great tour! Just didn't realize we had to drive our car a distance to get there. That portion needs to be better explained.

We are so happy that you enjoyed our tour...and thank you for naming us the Best Tour In Philly! As a small business, that means a lot to us. We did want to mention to TripAdvisor users that much of this valuable review pertains to the purchase of a Philadelphia Pass, rather than the purchase of our food tour. Additionally, the exact address of our tour is provided at the time of ticket purchase, as well as convenient & free parking options, so that each participant can find directions and parking in advance. However, we will pass on this poignant feedback to the Philadelphia Pass team. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I really enjoyed Amy's presentation & enthusiasm. I learned many things I did not know. I grew up at the top of Green Lane.

We love when locals come on our tours and learn about their very own neighborhood. We're so glad that you enjoyed your tour, and that you took the time to write a review. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was my first time experiencing Chew Philly Food Tours and I had a wonderful time. Learned a lot about Manayunk and even though I'm a native Philly guy, this really helped me to pay attention to the world pretty much right in my own backyard. Each of the foods that I sampled made me definitely want to visit each place again. And most of all, Amy our tour guide was :can you say, dahling, FABULOUS! She really helped me to feel quite comfortable with her pleasing disposition, wit and charm. Her knowledge of not only Manayunk but the individual businesses was impressive. She is an excellent tour guide. We visited Marchiano's Bakery, had authentic Philly water ice from Rose's Water Ice, warm, delicious pretzels from Tasty Twisters, steak sandwich from Sorrentino's that was so-o-o good; delicious cappuccino from Volo Coffee House as I ate my decadent red velvet chocolate cupcake from Sweet Elizabeth's with icing that I want to start brushing my teeth with! I promise I won't let my dentist see this comment! Lol! You all are doing a fantastic job and made my day most pleasant.

1  Thank Wayne S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your feedback, and are so glad that you enjoyed your tour. We sincerely hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

A wonderful way to get to know Manayunk. Beautiful day,delicious food and super tour guide!!!It was truly a fun filled experience.

ChewPhilly, Owner at Chew Philly Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We love that you titled this the "best of Manayunk"...that's certainly what we strive for! Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it really helps small businesses like ours.