“Great food, tiny place”
Review of Jamonera

Jamonera
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamonera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 4,357 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th b/t Sansom and Chestnut
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Great food, tiny place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great food, very small place, glad we had reservations! If you want to have a quiet private conversation, this isn't the place. We were sandwiched between two tables and found ourselves struggling to hear each other. We ordered the octopus - it was amazing as was the salad with beets and fried goat cheese!

Visited April 2013

“A must! I will come back!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place is small, so make a reservation.
We took everyone's advice and ordered the pig egg, which might have been my favorite of that whole meal! That crispy pig belly was a knock out on the egg! Both the dates and crispy pig tails toast were great too, and fun. Next time we will pass on the meatballs as they were good, but just meatballs. The foie gras was nice, my husband had never tried it, so a nice dish to introduce it to him. To drink that night they had a special offering of ill bulli's beer with some almonds and cheese, you can imagine it was perfect.
I can't wait to come back!

• Visited March 2013
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Terrific Spanish Tapas in Center City”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

So the Phillies lost to that juggernaut Kansas City Royals team yesterday (Sunday), but we had a fantastic dinner at Jamonera post-game! Sunday night is the tapas tasting menu evening and we gorged ourselves on some fantastic tasty treats and a terrific bottle of albarino. Jamonera is a small restaurant with a nice bar and outdoor seating. The range of food options is very diverse from top to bottom and the flavors are robust and very unique. The chef keeps the ingredients very simple yet gets very sophisticated flavors from each dish. My favorites were the pumpkin seed croquetas, papa fritas, jamon iberico, berenjenas (eggplant fries), and the grilled flank steak. The owners of this restaurant also own Barbuzzo and Lolita across the street and have revitalized that portion of Center City. Well worth the visit!

• Visited April 2013
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Every little bite was perfect”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I already knew walking into this little gem that it would be terrific. But I was even more delighted to taste such creative combinations of perfectly cooked ingredients. Everything danced on my tongue.

I've been to both of the owners' other places on the block (Barbuzzo and Lolita), and wonderful things come out of both of these restaurants. What I liked about Jamonera was the variety of interesting ingredients on the small plates. You can really sample a lot of everything when you share. My partner and our friend all tried these items (and I recommend every one of them): Lancaster egg, Medjool dates, Spanish breakfast bite and the avocado salad with salted cod and shaved fennel. Everything was perfectly seasoned and vibrant. I loved the plating as well, each forkful a piece of art.

We sat at the bar early on a Friday night, and had terrific service. It's a smaller space, so I would recommend reservations if you prefer a table. The wine/beer/sangria selection was abundant and a reflection of the regions from where the food hails.

I am a huge fan of this place, and look forward to sampling the other menu items. In a city where restaurants are competitive to the core, this place deserves a medal. Well done, ladies.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Small on space, big on taste”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited this place on Saturday evening, and it was fully booked. Since we didn't have reservations, there was no chance we would get a table anytime soon. Luckily for us two seats became available at the bar, and that's where we sat. The bartenders were very friendly and helpful in suggesting what dishes to pick. We tried a few dishes, and I really enjoyed grilled steak and grilled octopus. They were perfectly prepared, and were very tasty. If I'm in the area again, I'll definitely visit this place again.

• Visited February 2013