“NOMnomNOM”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamonera

Jamonera
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamonera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th b/t Sansom and Chestnut
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Grand Cayman
“NOMnomNOM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just go here - reasonably priced. Great service, everything is uniquely delicious and different than anything else you can get. I don't even know what to tell you to order it was all so good.
One minor fail - the sangria. Well not really a fail, but there was too much ice and it watered it down too much. Perhaps ask that ice be served in your glasses only.

• Visited May 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love Barbuzzo and Jamonera is another hit. The crab dish was amazing and the sangria tasty. Our server was helpful and professional. The dessert was a little much - a sundae with too many toppings which crowded the flavors but overall a great meal.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Teenytoo
tarpon springs
“Great things come in small restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Excited to try another Turney/Safran restaurant in the once seedy section of Philly now known as Midtown Village, Jamonera surely did not dissapoint. With a spanish Tapas menu this small nicely decorated gem served great dishes, offered excellent knowledgeable service and exceeded our expectations. Yes, energetic so maybe a little hard to carry on conversation without raising your voice, but who really cared as our server kept the food coming pretty much the whole night. Soime outdoor seating is available but limited, restrooms=one so the wait is sometimes long, but I would really be digging to find something I did not enjoy. We will be back!

• Visited August 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“Spanish tapas greatness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Right in the middle of the action on 13th Street, creative and attentive Spanish tapas. Food packed with flavor. We had a special, paella, that was outstanding- best ever. Grilled scallops- how do they get that crust on top? Fried eggplant fingers, jamon, grilled asparagus- all good. Wait staff very friendly and helpful with menu. Wine list features Spanish wines and reasonable. Lot of sherry choices if you are into that. Overall excellent for friends, family or couples.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ToYourHealth
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Overall nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Last night The Hubby and I dined with another couple and this place was a last minute, late afternoon reservation. We arrived at 7:30 and were seated at a nice window table.

The Pros: The food really is quite good and very authentic. The servings are a nice size, a little bigger than Tintos (which I find skimpy, even for tapas). For 4 people sharing, there's enough of each dish to go around. The waitron was very friendly and helpful (although her claim that the Spaniards sip sherry all day long was questionable - we just spent 10 days in Spain & Portugal & never saw anyone sipping sherry). The atmosphere is cozy and comfy, the noise level wasn't too loud or too quiet, and we didn't have to wait for our reserved table.
The Cons: The sangria was a huge disappointment. At $34 per pitcher, I expected it to be very mouth-watering and it tasted more like watered down red wine with a couple of slices of fruit floating around. The sangria in Spain is quite delish, so I was expecting something more authentic. We switched to red wine, and the $42 bottle we purchased was too warm and was also a taste disappointment. It was very overpriced - probably marked up 3+ times the store price. I'm used to this in Jersey where liquor licenses kill the drink prices, but in Philly I felt I was getting gouged. My only complaint other than the quality of the drinks is that the food came out a little too quickly. We like to take our time eating, and although we didn't really feel rushed, I would have enjoyed a little more space between the dishes.

I would visit again, but if the drinks continue to disappoint, that's a big minus in my book.

• Visited July 2012