“A jewel on S. 13th Street”

Zavino Wine Bar Pizzeria
Ranked #72 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A friend and I decided to try Zavino, and we are really glad we did. Despite this being a very informal restaurant, the food and service are FANTASTIC. We ordered the thin-crust pizza special for that evening (combination of cippolini onions and figs), and it was delicious! Ditto for the small plates that we ordered before the pizza--beet salad with roasted pecans and goat cheese (yum!), eggplant parmesan, and caprese salad (with tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella). We noticed the dishes being served to the diners around us, and they all looked so appealing. My friend and I are planning to return to Zavino soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you love thin crust pizza, this is the place for you! We ordered the 'Joey' and it was delicious! Nice selection of wines and we even tried one of their fresh handmade ravioli dishes, just as good as the pizza.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stopped for dinner last night, inside and outside seating on this beautiful evening. We tried the lobster ravioli (excellent) beet salad (very good), Eggplant parmesean (amazing) and the spaghetti squash with parmesan cheese and tomatoe sauce (equally amazing). Every dish was served hot (except the salad) and the portions are perfect. Best food I have had in a long time hands down. The price is perfect and the service was outstanding. Can't wait to go back again and bring my friends and family. Dining area is small but they will call your cell to let you know when a table is available.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had two great dishes during my visit: Baby Jesus (meat and cheese) and The Stache pizza. I would love to come back and try their other menu items.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a snack while attending the Philadelphia flower show. this upscale pizzeria is nestled among a bunch of heavyweight eateries along 13th and Sansom. (Lolita, Barbuzzo, el Vez. Etc.)

We had Red Sangria, (tasty). A flatbread with baked sheeps milk ricotta (shockingly good) a Foccacia special (average) and an olive sampler with 3 varieties. (Very good).

We were going to dinner later and just needed a bite to tide us over. Overall everything was good, but a little pricy for lunch. $50 with tip. I will try it again thiugh. They have happy hour specials so maybe I'll try that.