“How can anyone rate this less than perfect?”
Review of Vedge

Vedge
Ranked #6 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Unbelievable, fabulous, amazing and no I'm not a vegetarian or vegan. I couldn't believe that vegi food could be so perfect. In fact we kept ordering more plates because it was so delicious. The Geriatric care Manager group that went the night before raved about it so much I had to try it. The cheesecake and choc Udon were to die for.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is vegan fine dining at its best. The dishes are creative and incredible. The service and atmosphere are outstanding.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have to preface this by saying that my views are wholly subjective albeit shared by our entire party. The restaurant is quaint elegant in the old part of Philadelphia. The seating is eclectic - bar and tables and the food proved to be at once wonderfully creative and yet terribly dissapointing.accross so many levels. Thin slivers of eggplant with microscopic cornichons with bland condiments does not make for a satisfying $14 small plate and when you order 3 per head and are still famished afterwards...its not good. And no...no-one at the table was anything other than a well travelled and seasoned, balanced diner. Oh and did I forget to say that it took 2 hours to receive the three plates as they decided to space them evenly to allow us to properly enjoy each? Bottom line...yes we do appreciate the place for its art on a plate and quirkiness of the food, but NO...we will never go back. Once proved to be quite enough for us all.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My daughter and I are vegans and have a hard time finding good fare sometimes. We found this on our iPhone Happy Cow app and gave it a try as it was a short walk from our hotel. We were NOT disappointed. We did not have a reservation but they seated us within 5 minutes despite being quite full that evening.

Our waitress suggested her favorites, a few of which we ordered. The Brussel Sprouts, and the Roasted Cauliflower were totally amazing, as was an incredible mushroom dish and a beet and avocado dish. The chocolate dessert (sorry I forget the name) that we ordered was served in a little jar with some vegan ice cream on the side and was outstanding.

The restaurant has a really nice atmosphere, almost like you are eating in your living room - very cozy and personal. The bar was nice too - every seat filled and some yummy looking martinis passing by!

If you are a vegetarian or vegan, or even if you aren't, this is a must-try choice in downtown Philadelphia. We will definitely be back if we are in town again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Hard to imagine a more enjoyable or more delicious food. Add to this a totally vegan, diverse menu and very good selection of wine and beers. Heaven.