“Hotel was fine, but where is the nearby dining?”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
DC
“Hotel was fine, but where is the nearby dining?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

The hotel was clean, and the one bedroom 2 bed suite room was a good size for our familiy of five. The morning breakfast scene was a little chaotic, but convenient. The main problem we had was that we did not find many dining spots when we walked around after 7 p.m. The area was a little desolate and there were some scary people walking around. During the day, the Reading Terminal Market is a must-do and EAT!!!! HInt, check the Central Parking locator (not just for here, all around Philly). You can find parking rates and print coupons for specific parking locations: I printed a $20 overnight coupon for a location one block away, saving $15 from the $35 quoted by this hotel's valet (Marriott told me parking was $42 here...so I am not sure what the real rate is).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Comfortable beds. Rooms were clean. The suite with kitchen was good for our family of 4. Complimentary breakfast was nice. Hot choices, cereal, donuts, fruit and coffee. Location of hotel is great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Palm Desert, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I made a reservation several weeks in advance for the July 4th weekend. I specifically called the hotel twice personally to request a king size bed and also filled out their special request form. When we arrived near midnight on the appointed date, we were told that the only room available had a queen sized bed and that it was being held for us. They had no king size bed rooms available. Since it was late at night, we were tired of the run around, so took the room. The hotel was full of young, partying adults, but at least the room was quiet. Next morning we checked out and went to a Spring Hill Suites in Plymouth Meeting since the queen sized bed was just too small for us. Also, the parking feel of $42.00 per night seemed exorbitant. I am a long time Gold Club and Corporate customer of Marriott, so I sent a letter of complaint to the Marriott customer service center. In less than two weeks, I received an e-mail from the Residence Inn hotel manager crediting my credit card for the entire cost of that one night stay, but not the parking, which was understandable. I am highly impressed with her response and resolution of the situation. I had not expected a refund, but was very pleased that she decided to do so. It just make me more of a Marriot customer than ever. Kudos to the management for remembering how important customer service is.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. Plenty of room for family of 4. Didn't use the kitchen because we walked to China Town and the Reading Terminal Market as well as other area restaurants. It was also walking distance to many other sights as well including Independence Park.
Breakfast was included and was very good. It included eggs, pancakes, bagels, etc. The staff was extremely nice at the front desk as well as the breakfast area. We had a great time in Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Clean, great matress / bed, nice room layout and awesome fitness center. Location was great! Parking was $20 and difficult if pulling a small trailer but the staff made it work. Awesome breakfast!

• Stayed July 2010
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed here for a business trip in May because the Marriott next door was full. I don't normally stay at Residence Inn, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, except I didn't get any perks for being a Marriott gold status member. The location was great and I could walk everywhere, but this was not the most ideal hotel for a business trip (great for families though!). I will probably stay at the marriott next time, but I might stay here again if I can't get into that hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed for two nights over the weekend, and can't say enough good things about the hotel! It was in a great location - right across from City Hall. Check in was quick and smooth by friendly staff. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The king size bed was the best part of the room.
The free continental breakfast in the morning was out of this world, with everything from hot items - eggs, sausage, pancakes, and the make your own waffle station, to the cold items - yogurt, fresh fruit, donuts, and cereal.
The hotel was in walking distance to the historic area (where I highly recommend the Ride the Duck tour). There were many great restaurants and bars all in walking distance.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple