All reviews penn square great location center city across the street bedroom suite free breakfast reading terminal market valet parking full kitchen yogurt sitting area sofa bed within walking distance dunkin donuts make your own waffles front desk staff breakfast room
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Best vegan food I had in the City !!! Went there 3 times trying multiple meals and all were excellent ! Crisp “chick” ranch wrap was My favorite and of course I had to “buffalo” it lovely service at the broad street location ❤️

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

*This hotel was recently remodeled.
* Fox News is CENSORED/BLOCKED from all TVs
* Thermostats have motion sensor and shut off letting the rooms get too warm.
* Water flow rate in shower is very fast wasting water.
* New bedding and very clean rooms.
* Limited work space for computer - Not accommodating to business travelers.

The rooms have recently been remodeled and are modern but not overdone. We checked in early online and they assigned us to a great corner room, was all glass on two sides. The king bed was very comfortable and seemed like a new mattress. The rooms were very clean.

CENSORED FOX NEWS - The staff was very friendly and helpful except the breakfast manager, I asked one of the wait staff why they had CNN on 4 tvs but did not have Fox News, said she would get the manager to explain, I waited 20 minutes, asking again for her several times. When she appeared, she said they don’t get Fox News and gave me the remote. I clicked thru and every channel was there and the Fox News logo came up, but the screen stayed blank. I said out loud, it’s like we’re in China, and the state is afraid of opposing views. The breakfast manager got so upset, insisting they don’t censor and it’s just a malfunction. She stormed out of the room yelling at the other wait staff who had been very friendly. They apologized for her. How do you get every channel but one on a cable box? Think about that. It’s definitely someone’s decision not to broadcast when it affects the entire hotel including guest rooms.

ENERGY SECTION section in my review. Plug Outlets are enough and conveniently located. The shower water flow rate was excessive, I was actually amazed at the flow rate. Such a waste of water and energy to heat the water. The thermostat has a motion sensor shutting off the AC or Heat after 20 minutes of no activity. This causes the room in the middle of the night to be 72 degrees. Way warmer than we are use to sleeping in.

LIMITED WORK SPACE The rooms have only a small table, 18” x 36” there is a lamp and 4 outlets at the surface, but when you setup your laptop there isn’t any room for other paperwork or a second monitor which I travel with.

Overall a good experience and clean hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Ed F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dave 12345_12,

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know how your stay went. Very glad that our front desk was able to check you in early once a room was available. We've got some nice views from our 26 story landmark hotel that was built over 100 years ago. In regards to the Fox News unfortunately there was an issue with the channel during your stay and is being corrected by our TV provider. It had nothing to do with anything else except that it didn't work and I do apologize you didn't have the opportunity to watch it while here. I believe I spoke with you at the Residence Inn Evening Mix that we have Mon-Wed nights from 6pm -7:30pm and you came over to me while I was serving. I was not aware that the channel wasn't working properly and immediately contacted the provider to work on it. Thanks for the nice comments regarding the team members during your stay. Hope you come back to our renovated hotel and enjoy all the amenities.

Sincerely, Ed F

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well located and we never used any kind of transport from there. It’s very convenient to visit the city.
The room was ok as was the bathroom. Everything looks a bit dated and in need of a renovation.
Staff was friendly.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
John FO Manager C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide with some honest feedback. We are almost completed with our renovation and at this point nobody will be in an older room. We are excited about the new look of the rooms. The style is very modern and clean with whites, greys, and blacks. We hope that all enjoy the new look.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The Hotel is very well located right in downtown, the room was quite big, the internet worked very well during day and night. The only comment I can say is that the complementary breakfast could be better or well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2018

Loved my stay here, lots of room, comfy bed and very quiet. Our room had a great view of City Hall which was lit at night. We also had a tour there. Hotel is within walking distance of historic areas and lots of shops and restaurants. Breakfast was good and staff always smiling. Fantastic Stay

Room Tip: Best views from higher floors
Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple