My wife and I stayed for two nights in late September to do some sight-seeing while in town for my brother's wedding in south New Jersey (we moved to Mt. Laurel, NJ for the wedding after this stay). My brother’s finance’ suggested this location due to its proximity to the Old Town so I booked using Marriott points for our 2 night stay. We arrived around 1pm on Thursday and the staff person at the desk said that it would be no problem checking in early. We had a room on the ninth floor (918) and had no issue with traffic noise even though it is very busy on the street out front which is across from City Hall. The room was comfortable and roomy enough for the two of us and most importantly, clean . I sued the business center to check email and update my Facebook since I didn’t bring my laptop. It was a nice center with four PC and two printers. The fitness center was very nice and up to date. The breakfast area was the standard Residence Inn type but was well-stocked and the staff attending to it was very on the ball. Overall, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My wife realized that she left a pair of a very expensive shoes after we had moved hotels to New Jersey for the wedding. The lady, Della, was very helpful and arranged to have them shipped to our house in Florida and flowed up with a tracking number.
The walk from this location in the City Center area to the Old Town area where Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and other historic sites was very do-able as it took about 15 minutes to walk the 12 blocks. At night, we taxied down to the area for dinner and a great meal one evening at place called Farmica. We also took the Frommer’s book advice and avoided Geno’s and Pat’s and walked about two blocks farther to a little place called Cosmi’s Deli which was the best Chessesteak that I have ever tasted! We also enjoyed a really good breakfast one morning in the Reading Terminal at the Amish Restaurant. My wife thought that the eggs tasted really fresh and I really enjoyed the huge pancakes.
Overall, it was a very nice stay at the property and its location made everything walk able.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel is ideal for day, weekend getaway, or longer stays. Our hotel in Center City Philadelphia is just steps away from Historic City Hall and the Reading Terminal Market. The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, world-class restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance of our extended stay Philadelphia hotel. While away from home, our Philadelphia Center City hotel helps you feel connected. Enjoy a sense of community at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the complimentary evening social events Monday-Wednesday. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel suites offer separate living, working and dining areas, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and hallmark Marriott service. Our Philadelphia hotel in Center City is easily accessible from the Philadelphia Airport, Amtrak Train Station and I-95. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel meeting rooms, ideal for groups of 20-40 guests, are perfect for small meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Residence Inn