This is a suite hotel which is great for all different types of travelers. The location is great, right across from City Hall with many things in walking distance. This is a smoke-free hotel with 280 suites on 25 floors, pets are allowed as well. The hotel offers several great amenities like a fitness room with some treadmills, eliptical machines, & free weights. There is a good sized coin operated laundry room, a lounge area, free wifi, & free breakfast, 24 hour coffee and tea.
They have a few different room types. I was in a studio suite, the smallest but by no means small. it was very roomy & comfortable. I really liked the room a lot. When you walk in there's a table for 2 where you can eat - the drawback is that it's right by the door with no TV. A few feet more and you have a living room area with pullout sofabed and the kitchenette. The kitchenette has a full refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, & microwave along with all the cooking utensils & dinnerware you will need. Next to the living room area is a desk & large tv which swivels so you can see it from the living room area or the bed. The bed was so comfortable, I got a great nights sleep for each of the 2 nights I spent there. The bathroom was large and the shower was great. The room did not have a safe. The closet is in the bedroom area in the corner and that's where the mirror is, the lighting there isn't great so that was a tiny drawback. There is an iron/'ironing board in the closet with a good amount of hangers. There is one luggage stand, I wish there were 2 since most times there's at least 2 people traveling. The heating system was odd, when I set it the room would warm up but they it would get very chilly before it went back on and it was a bit loud. I found our room to be drafy by the window so maybe that's why the room would get chilly before the heat kicked back in. Not all rooms may be set up this way.
The free daily breakfast was great. To my surprise they had scambled eggs, hash browns, & potatoes one day & french toast another day. They also offer bagels, muffins, cold cereal, yogurt, make your own waffles, fruit, coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. The offerings sometimes change daily. I think it ended around 930am, which I thought was a little early but it may be until 10am on weekends.
There is a bar in the lounge area outside the breakfast room but it wasn't open during my 2 night stay. On Monday through Thursday evening they offer a reception in the lounge which varies by night, it was light desserts when I was there. The lounge area is on the 2nd floor and has couches and comfortable seating with several tvs, it's where the 24 hour coffee & tea are.
We did not use the valet parking which is $46 per day, I found a garage 2 blocks away under Macys which was $26 for 24 hours! The hotel is in a good location, there are main bus lines right there along with the subway a block away. We walked to the Franklin Institute from the hotel and it was barely 15 minutes. You can walk just a few blocks and you'll find many dining choices, Chinatown is a 10 minute walk as well as the "Gay-borhood" area.
I would stay at this hotel again...and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel is ideal for day, weekend getaway, or longer stays. Our hotel in Center City Philadelphia is just steps away from Historic City Hall and the Reading Terminal Market. The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, world-class restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance of our extended stay Philadelphia hotel. While away from home, our Philadelphia Center City hotel helps you feel connected. Enjoy a sense of community at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the complimentary evening social events Monday-Wednesday. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel suites offer separate living, working and dining areas, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and hallmark Marriott service. Our Philadelphia hotel in Center City is easily accessible from the Philadelphia Airport, Amtrak Train Station and I-95. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel meeting rooms, ideal for groups of 20-40 guests, are perfect for small meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Residence Inn