“Good time”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th Street & Walnut
Transit: •Market-Frankford Line: 15th & Locust Subway-Surface Lines: 15th & Market. Broad St. Subway Line: Walnut and Locust St. Buses: Route C via Broad St. Route 41 & 21 Buses via Walnut St. Route 90 via Locust and Pine St. Regional Rail Lines: R1, R2,R3, R5, R6 and R8 stop at Penn Center at 16th & JFK. PATCO 13th & Locust.
New Jersey
“Good time”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lots of fun with good food, the wait staff takes turns singing. Also affordable for a center city eatery

Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, PA
“PERFECT for a special occasion!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

For my 27th birthday I wanted to do something different. I heard about Walnut Street Supper Club from a coworker--which is funny because I work less than a block away. I had no idea that it was more than "just a restaurant". We decided to give it a whirl, so we got our friends together and made a reservation (through http://www.opentable.com of course!)

We all arrived separately so when we go there a few friends were already at the bar. Navigating how to "get in" the front door was confusing for some reason, but eventually we all made it in! The bar was the perfect size and purpose for waiting for friends. After everyone was there we were escorted to the coat check and then to our table.

We had a total of 9 people altogether and they sat us at a large round table by the stage. The decor is very 1920's "club" like, and there is an upstairs mezzanine that overlooks the stage and main floor. The music sets the mood, with tunes from Etta James and Frank Sinatra filling the room.

The menu is mostly Italian dishes with a very adorable cocktail list in the back. I drank "The Judy Garland" all night long. It was DELICIOUS! Most others had specialty cocktails as well, which were reasonably priced and definitely packed a punch!

We started off with several appetizers for the table. An antipasta salad, a couple of caprese salads, and friend calamari. The antipasta salad was a generous portion and had a wide range of offerings. It was definitely a no-frills presentation. My favorite was the caprese salad--huge chunks of mozzarella, thick slices of tomato, and the BEST part--an entire basil plants worth of leaves! I hate when you order caprese salad and it's just a sprinkle of basil on top. The portion was generous and the olive oil was nice (not the best but not the cheap stuff either).

For our entrees we had fettuccini alfredo, a couple fettuccini ala vodkas, a NY strip, and I had the pappardelle. I lucked out with mine being the best at the table I think--not that the others were bad--just that mine was better! The steak came out perfectly cooked to temperature and the sauces were good all around. This is not gourmet Italian food by any means, but simply good tasting, well prepared meals. The real reason to dine here is the entertainment.

The music director, Jeremiah is HANDS DOWN part of the reason this is one of the most fun birthdays I have ever had. He was interactive, funny, personable, and of course VERY talented. He engaged our party several times and sent us a round of "pineapple upside down cake" birthday shots to get the party started. Sonni was our server and also a VERY talented musician. She sang a 10,000 Maniacs song that really got everyone in the mood. Dan was another singer working that night who obliged my request for Whitney Houston. Jeremiah brought the house down with Billy Joel and got us to order another round of shots just for fun! It was absolutely SUCH a good time.

The next day, each of our friends contacted us to let us know what a great time they had, how unexpected it was, and how we can't wait to go back. None of us had ever been to anything like that and we can't tell you enough what fun it was for a group. I have already started to plan my next gathering! If you are even thinking about going, make the reservation! You will NOT regret it!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Theresa P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Night of Fun with Great Food and Good Music”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Philly's been lacking a fun dinner club restaurant and the Walnut Street Supper Club more than adequately fills the gap. While sitting at the bar waiting on the table, we had a chance to watch the performers on the monitors behind the bar. All of the service staff performs at some point during the evening - some are good, some are great, all are fun. Frankly, I was expecting a so-so meal that I figured would be the trade off for some fun entertainment. Starting with the appetizers, we were blown away! The food is amazing!! We've since introduced many friends to the place and it's always exceptional.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TravelsOffen
Norfolk, Virginia
“Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The ambiance is unique at the Walnut Street Supper Club. The restaurant is designed to look like a 1940’s supper club and features beautiful furnishings and wallpaper. The menu features a nice variety of entrée options. I dined on the lobster ravioli and highly recommend the dish. The meal prices seem to be competitive with other restaurants in the area; however I found the drinks at the bar to be on the expensive side.

Be aware that this may not be the best restaurant to go to if you’re in a hurry. The entertainment and wait staff are one in the same so… delays in service are common.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JumeirahJenny
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great time, anytime”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a good place to eat after a night at the theater, but you don't need any reason to enjoy an evening at the Supper Club. It's worth the visit just to go there. After some encouraging appetizers that 4 of us shared, the entrees were a little mediocre, but food isn't the draw here anyway, the show and ambience is why you "supper" here.
The staff is friendly and happy and then, right after she drops your Caesar salad, your waitress is on stage singing a raucous rendition of a Minnelli classic from Cabaret. The musical director/pianist keeps the action fun and interactive and the evening is terrific. We'll go again and again.
Make a reservation and ask for a table where the stage is and then show up for your reservation a little early so they have time to earmark one for you, it's worth it. The bar is worth hanging at too, with a TV that keeps you in the action and a nice view of the bustle of Walnut St. Go! It's great fun for Supper!

1 Thank Davek36