“SuperEla”
Review of Ela

Ela
Reserve with OpenTable
Ela is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bainbridge Street
Reviewed May 11, 2014

In a city of really good restaurants, my best friend & I were dazzled by Mother's Day brunch & our first visit to Ela: From the 3-course menu we both chose the kale salad, a lush pile of dark green; topped w/ crunchy fried scallion bits & the breakfast potato gnocchi smothered w/ a perfectly coddled egg (no easy feat) & bacon bits. For dessert we mixed & matched the coconut angel food cake w/ cherry sauce & pickled ginger & a remarkable butterscotch panna cotta w/ apricot & root beer gelle (who knew?).

Several choices of creative cocktails heightened the experience & service was both knowledgeable & professional. Ela is a keeper!

2  Thank Herstory_62

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was my 1st experience eating at Ela and I LOVED it! Will most def be back! The prix fixe menu is very reasonably priced and ample. I got the 3 courses & dessert for $45. Besides being difficult to choose from the offerings, what I got was absolutely delicious! The cocktails are eclectic, different and can suit any taste. My drink was delish! Wish I could remember what it was called (a long name) but I LOVED it! Perfect! Please go here. The food is very delicious, atmosphere is contemporary, cool and relaxed, drinks are outstanding, service was top notch! LOVED IT!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I went there for the third time, and it is just as amazing as the first two times. The food is amazing (we went with cousins and did a tandem chef tasting). We left full and the food was a WOW.
The service is also amazing. The staff not only do their job, and do it extremely well, but they also talk to you about other things - spending a minute here and there when they can.

I highly recommend this place.
Put it this way, we have reservations setup for a month from now (will be our forth visit)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Given that we had heard that this was a Chip Roman inspired restaurant we expected to terrific meal. However our experience at Ela went beyond that. The meal was absolutely delicious, inventive and interesting without being a cliche experience. The service was excellent and we had a wonderful evening with friends. The cocktails were also top notch and they were kind enough to allow us to taste some wines before we ordered bottles for the table.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Food was above average with one exception. Creative at times (scallop "pasta" was neat) and delicious, too (gnocchi was wonderful). Too bad it ended so poorly. We had cheese for dessert. Two of the three were decent, but no better than the offering of a basic grocery store. The third was absolutely terrible. Putrid and inedible. For the price they ask per piece, this is completely unacceptable. Had I not been at a business meeting, I would have spit it out. How embarrassing.

Service was kind and attentive, though food was very slow to come out. The restaurant was fairly empty, too.

Disappointing.