“Outstanding meal, outstanding service, great value”
Review of Sbraga

Sbraga
Ranked #190 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Benicia, California
“Outstanding meal, outstanding service, great value”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went to Sbraga on my last trip to Philadelphia. It was my second visit, and I am now officially in love with this place! The food is excellent. Inventive and fun and delicious. But what sets it head and shoulders above most fine dining restaurants is the service. The table service is extremely good. Professional, friendly, with just the right amount of intervention. Plus, our server noted that I had been there before, which was very nice. The kitchen is extremely well-run. It's a small, open kitchen, which I love. An open kitchen needs to be clean as a whistle, and it is. The food comes out perfectly timed, at temperature. This is also one of the few fine dining restaurants you could feel comfortable going alone to. Good to know for business travelers. There are kitchen bar seats, and you can watch the cooking. I think it's a great value. Both times, I was a little surprised at the small size of the check, given the quality of the restaurant. They serve a very reasonably priced 4 course prix fixe (there is no a la carte, so if you just want a salad, this is not for you). Plenty of choices, at the highest level of cooking. Portions are perfectly sized. I was just the right amount of full at the end of the meal. Kevin Sbraga was a Top Chef winner, and I wasn't a huge fan of his on the show, but I am now. A huge fan. If I lived in Philadelphia, I would be a regular.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Unusual Cuisine”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located in the heart of Philly this is true gem. The physical space is small and very limited in its seating. The menu has many unusual choices which you will not find on any other menu. The food and mix of tastes was memorable.

• Visited July 2013
“Top Chef Delivers”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The great food and friendly and accomodating staff makes this place a must. The fixed-priced menu is a bargain but you can quickly mount up your bar bill as the wine list is great.

Dallas, Texas
“Beats expectations! Fantastic manager.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have never before written a review acknowledging the manager. From my seat, I could observe the way the manager noticed everything to the benefit of the customer. As a business owner, I would be thrilled to know Ben was watching my back! Very inventive food, featuring locally sourced ingredients. With four fantastic courses for $49, we will definitely be back.

Philadelphia
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my husband for my birthday. Stopped at the bar prior to our reservation and had a great experience! Made friends with the bartender, mentioned it was my birthday and when we were seated for dinner her bought a complimentary glass of prosecco for us both.
Fantastic tasting menu with wine pairing.
Great service. Will be back!