“Fun place to eat!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We selected this restaurant based on reviews and realized later that the chef and restaurant have received attention beyond Philadelphia. We ordered dinner with the wine pairings and enjoyed all of the courses. While the portions are on the small side, it is a four course meal and we were both very satisfied. Diners who do not like spicy food may not like some of the courses. We found the food to be delicious- beautifully presented and unusual (but not weird) combinations. Our favorite course was the lamb with Brussels sprouts served on sort of a polenta. It was savory, tender and delicious, and I don't even like Brussels sprouts! Coffee at $7.00 a cup was excessive. Service was friendly and efficient. We did not feel rushed. Some courses came quickly, while there was a short, but nice wait to finish the wine with others. The tables are very close together.

1  Thank cindywv

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Sbraga with a friend while I was visiting Philly last weekend. The location is great, the decorations and feel of the restuarant is amazing and the food was awesome! The place has a rustic modern feel and is very inviting, small but cozy and comfortable. You have the option of sitting right at the bar where they prepare the food so you can watch - really cool.

The menu is price fixed and it is AMAZING. The sizes of the dishes are LARGE while the food on them is tiny - but so worth it. I had a shrimp bisque for an appetizer, and it had popcorn in it! So amazing. For my second course I had Octopus with tapenade - never had octopus before so it was a new experience for me and I am so glad I did it. For the third course I had Lamb with I think it was mashed potatoes underneath - I had never had Lamb before and oh man was it amazing. For dessert - Churros with Coffee creme brule - wow! I was so full but not to the point my pants were busting open. It was so worth every penny.

For drinks I had the glass of wine they paired with the lamb and for a starter drink it was the pepper drink at the top of the menu, the name is failing me. They were both amazing!

I would totally recommend coming here and if it is out of your comfort zone - try it anyways. I would go back here in a second.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our party of 6 just ate at Sbraga this weekend while in Philly. It was a convenient walking distance from our hotel in the Rittenhouse Square area. The 4 course price fixe menu was $49/pp and an optional $35/pp with pairings. We all LOVED our dishes- the flavors were layered and complex; there wasn't a mediocre plate in the group. We all oohed and ahed over every course, every dish. Bravo to Chef Kevin! The atmosphere was warm, cozy, romantic- not an ounce of pretentiousness. The service was top-notch; knowledgeable about every aspect of the menu (ask for Nathan). I only wished we lived closer so I could eat there again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The positives: the food was very tasty, the decor was warm and comfortable, the service was good. The negatives: over-priced (i.e., while not outrageously expensive, much of your dollar isn't making it to your plate and is probably being absorbed by overhead), and although the decor appears warm, the vibe is pretentious. The single highlight of the meal was the foie gras soup. It's one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Beyond that, the other courses were not memorable. If someone else is picking up the tab, it's definitely worth a visit, if for nothing else than to sample that foie gras soup. If you don't mind spending your own funds to explore the latest trendy restaurants, then more power to ya'. Otherwise, there are many other places in Philly to dine that provide better value for your dollar and a more pleasurable dining experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to Sbraga with another couple. We had a great evening. This is a fixed price 4-course menu; the options were diverse and all so flavorful. There were about 6 choices in each course, some with extra cost. It was hard to make a decision on what to order since each was so unique and flavorful. The dishes were beautifully presented; one of our group thought the servings were small, but none of us left hungry. My favorite plate was the pork belly 1st course; my least favorite was the apple crumble dessert (still good though). Parking is easily available in the area. Drinks and wine were expensive.