“Wonderful dinner and restaurant”
Review of Sbraga

Sbraga
Ranked #227 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went here last month while on a business trip. The food was fabulous. It is a 4 course prix fixe dinner, with about 5 choices for each course. If you can't decide what to get at each course, you can order an extra selection. The choices were all very innovative. The presentations were artful. I had the meatloaf as a main course. This is not your typical meatloaf! It was tender, juicy, full of flavor. The foie gras soup as the starter was rich, velvety and creamy. The server was very knowledgeable about all of the food choices and made excellent recommendations. He was very attentive and friendly, despite a busy evening. I would definitely return to Sbraga and I have recommended it to others.

1  Thank Todd Y

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My brother is a Top Chef fan, and we recently gave him a surprise retirement dinner at Sbraga.(The chef was the Top Chef winner two seasons ago) The wait staff was terrific, and made us feel VERY special, though I think that was the feeling of every diner in the restaurant. Kevin spent a while talking with us, even though it was extremely busy which we also appreciated. Now to the food - it was inventive without trying too hard, and the flavors were just tremendous, made even better by the wine pairings offered. He uses local produce whenever possible which I respect. The designers of this restaurant used every inch of this small (but trendy) space very effectively, but I hope Mr. Sbraga will expand soon, because he will quickly develop a loyal following. My one suggestion to diners would be to choose a weeknight to avoid the crunch.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed everything about the dining experience at Sbraga from the food to the service. We felt like we really got value for what we paid for, fresh ingredients with thoughtful combinations and presentation. We were pleased to meet the Chef Kevin, who seemed very nice and down to earth.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The food was good but not great. Most dishes were luke warm and didn't like the idea of pairing beer and cocktails with food. They tried to serve me a beer with my poultry dish and I said i want wine. Also, with dessert they served this awful cold chocolate cocktail when a nice glass of dessert wine or port would have sufficed. With a few changes and attention to detail this could move up a notch or two.

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Top Chef winner Kevin Sbraga has created a stellar restaurant, combining cuisine perfection with superb service and a clean, warm, modern atmosphere. Each "plate" was prepared and served to perfection. Menu items are non-traditional preparations of fresh, quality ingrediants. Plates are not so big as to overwhelm. The prix fix concept works beautifully. Do not miss a chance to experience Sbraga!