“Of The Moment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sbraga

Sbraga
Reserve with OpenTable
Sbraga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 4,314 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Of The Moment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Excellent food in rather cramped quarters. The decor is what you'd expect: "contemporary/ rustic/minimal, wood on the walls, spare furnishings, open kitchen & decor to highlight the food. So aside from the interior (which I am personally just getting tired of) & the attendant noise which comes from having few fabrics and probably 2-3 too many tables in a space; I have to say this is a great restaurant.

While I am resistant to the idea of prix fixe menus (Sbraga is $45 for 4 courses, more if you do wine pairings) this kitchen does it wonderfully. I decided to do the wine pairing which was a luxury but worth it. The wine choices were interesting & really did complement the entire meal. I started off with a salad, followed by a fish course of Arctic Char, a meat course of Lamb and finished with an apple caramel dessert. It was just enough food for me & I felt completely sated without being overly full. If you are looking to take home leftovers this is not the place for you.

Service was efficient & informative, friendly without being overbearing. Only real disappointment of the night was my specialty cocktail ($11), La Vie en Rose a gin based drink it was too swet for my taste & the rose petal garnish, way too girly.

Lastly, it is a very hot restaurant right now. Don't be surprised to see yourself sitting next to politicians, local celebrities & faces that seem familiar but you can't quite place. Don't be worried about being ignored, I never got the feeling the servers were favoring one table over another. That said, the only table I saw (Top) Chef Sbraga visit was the ex-Govenor's. Which is fine with me, because personally I like it better when the chef is in the kitchen.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing dinner with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband took me here for my birthday, and we had a wonderful night. The restaurant has a great decor...the wood on the walls really creates a warm atmosphere. We had a reservation and were sat promptly on arrival. I think my only complaint is the proximity of other tables to us.

We did the wine pairing with our meals and everything complemented the meal great. I was skeptical to do this as I can be picky with wines that I like, but I am glad I went this route. There was not one thing either of us got that we did not like. My husband got the meatloaf which was one of my favorite choices...not a traditional tasting meatloaf. The chocolate dessert with the port wine pairing was excellent! The portions were small, but neither of us left still hungry. The timing of the food delivery was well planned. We were not being rushed through each course, but also were not waiting long in between...just enough time to finish our wine and enjoy some conversation.

I would definitely go back to Sbraga and would recommend to anyone!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank K W
Kansas City, MO
“Sbraga is AMAZING. RUN do not walk to check it out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

Had an incredible dinner at Sbraga, having been recommended by a local in the know. The chef won "Top Chef" I understand and the meal was incredible. We had the prix fixe 4 course meal and the choices are fantastic. I highly recommend the risotto, the meatloaf, the fried chicken, the eggplant terrine etc. In fact I don't think you can go wrong. This place is fairly new but was packed. The price for the meal was about $45 and for what you got it was very worth it. I have no doubt this place will become a major find for foodies.

• Visited December 2011