“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mt. Vernon
Transit: Septa Subway - Broad Street Line to Spring Garden. Septa Subway - Broad Ridge Spur to Fairmount.
Newtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent atmosphere and delicious dinner. Raw oysters, octopus, lobster all fresh and tasty. Dessert was also impeccable.

Pennsylvania
“Steven Starr Meets Red Lobster!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On a recommendation, my wife and I made dinner reservations for Route 6. Upon entering, I was impressed with the overall rustic, lobster house look of the restaurant. Even with reservations, we had to wait a good 20 minutes to finally be seated.
Our waiter was prompt and professional and adequately described the menu and offerings as it was our first visit to Route 6. He brought our drinks fairly quickly and took our orders. The calamari and hot cherry peppers appetizer was bar room quality at best. Typical deep fried calamari and 3 hot peppers that were actually deep fried.....fair to say the least and not worth the $12 asking price.
Caesar salads were delivered in 2 small bowls and again, OK at best.
Our table was cleaned and new silverware was placed in front of us in preparation for the New England Clam Bake for 2. I was not impressed when 2 knives and NO fork was placed in front of me by our server who hurriedly set our table and left without asking if I'd even care for another glass of wine.
Our Clam Bake for 2 arrived and included two very small lobsters with enough tail meat for 2 fork fulls each. The clams were covered with sand and I stopped eating them after the first one. The mussels were OK and potatoes swimming at the bottom of the pot in clam and lobster juice were not very appetizing. My $111 bill left me quite disappointed and still a bit hungry.
While Steven Starr was the pioneer of the restaurant revolution in Philadelphia, his knack of turning everything he touches to gold is quite over if this is the best he can do.
There are too many other wonderful places to dine in Philadelphia than to give this place a 2nd chance. Save your money and go to Red Lobster.....you might not know the difference!

Plaisir, France
“How to eat a lobster with blocked ears”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

LOVED the food and HATED the noise level. Almost impossible to hear what my neighbor was saying and have a sore throat after having tried to have a conversation....but the food was DELICIOUS.

jcsfla
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I came here bc of a lobster promotion that the restaurant was running. We really loved the food and the service was outstanding. I definitely think that this place is worth a trip.

You can find parking in the blocks behind the restaurant and avoid the $12 valet charge.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went for the half off lobster dishes October&November special. The deal was amazing and the restaurant was even more impressive. I loved the nautical atmosphere and decorations. The service was flawless and the food was delicious. The kitchen view bar seating was roomy and couples were able to share a lobster at it.