“Go hungry!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Delicious brunch menu and huge portions! Had the creme brûlée French toast... One of the best I've ever had!!! Also had the kitchen sink skillet which was good and hearty. Only disappointment was the hot chocolate. Cash only and we had good & quick service (early afternoon on a weekday). Saw a couple with a champagne bottle... BYOB?!? Not sure. Laid back artsy atmosphere... Very enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Green Eggs Cafe

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I are foodies and have very high standards for rating a good meal. There was trouble with another restaurant in the city but there are no problems here! It's a little small and you may have to double up with another famished couple but you won't even notice. The wait was a little long but watching the food come out of the kitchen was pure entertainment. The bad thing is second guessing your choices because everything looks amazing. We had the "Kitchen Sink" and my mouth couldn't adjust to one delicious flavor before another burst of decadence exploded. I am not a huge fan of grits but do yourself a favor and try the "shrimp grits." And bring a bottle of champagne with you. It's BYOB and they are happy to assist you in a set up. I LOVE this restaurant and recommend it to anyone that loves good American comfort food with many over the top twists. Did I mention the "Red Velvet Pancakes?"

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a late lunch/brunch at Green Eggs yesterday. This was our first time here and it was as good as we expected. It was packed even at 2P on a Saturday but we only had to wait ten minutes. My fair city may have a bad rap for friendliness but all of the servers here are really warm and friendly. We sat at a long table made for 6 so we were the end two. There was another twosome on the other end so it does make for a bit of a communal dining experience which we don't mind at all. The food was outstanding-do not miss the quinoa porridge-it is truly delicious and filling. I had heard about it and wanted to try it so I ordered it even though I also ordered their special frittata-roasted pepper and mushroom. It is so large that I only ate half and about 1/4 of the porridge so plan on leftovers to take home. My husband had the turkey panini which he also really liked. If you order any of the specials, you can't modify them so just be aware of that. My frittata was topped with goat cheese which I really dislike. I asked for it without it and they wouldn't let me-they were extremely nice about it and explained the reasoning, etc. In the end, I could just take it off as it was only a topper but if it is something critical in the ingredients and you don't like that item, order something else. The portions are very generous so come hungry. And, bring cash-they do not take credit/debit cards. There is an ATM on site. Be prepared to wait if you go at peak brunch times.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is in a cute, artsy neighborhood. In the summer the front wall opens up with outdoor seating which is really nice on a good day. The food is delicious! We had a mix of different things we shared (Buffalo Mac n Cheese, Banana/Strawberry crunchy french toast, and my healthy option, an egg white omelet with spinach, peppers and goat cheese, with fruit and whole grain toast) Everything was delicious! The food was both quality and quantity! The staff was both friendly, knowledgeable on the food/menu and the service was quick! We always had what we needed. However, remember this place is cash only. They have an ATM in the back of the restaurant. The fee was only 99 cents. Had they taken credit/debit cards, I'd have given them 5 stars. :) I will definitely be going back on my next trip.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

OK so I need to go down in history saying WE HAD THE BEST FOOD OF OUR LIVES HERE. I had tiramisu pancakes, hubby had pumpkin pie pancakes & brother had red velvet. We ate a ton of each others and still had to take the rest of go. The portion sizes are out of this world. I still dream about this meal.

1  Thank CourtneyAnnefromOK