“3.5 stars”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food here is good. A little pricey but you get bigger portions. I'd say Honey's down the street has better food/value, but Green Eggs is more modern and open, so it depends what you're looking for. You're not going to get a bad breakfast here though. There are many unique options on the menu that are almost crosses between breakfast and dessert. Not my particular cup of tea, but the food looked good.

Prices start at $9 for your basic eggs, toast, and hash browns breakfast. Go early or else you're going to have to wait. If you do go later and get a long wait, try Darlings up 2nd street because Honey's will also be packed.

There are newer reviews for Green Eggs Cafe

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wouldn't eat here again if I was forced at gunpoint. The people who own this hole should be embarrassed of themselves. The only thing worse than the food was the service. I ordered the breakfast burrito. It was filled with scrambled eggs so overcooked that they could have subbed pencil erasers and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. You would think that if you put eggs in your name you would at least learn how to cook them. I didn't even eat half of it and pushed it away. The waiter didn't ask if there was anything wrong but asked if I wanted it boxed up. When I said I didn't want to take it he simply picked it up and walked away with out any concern.

What a disappointment.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My partner and I visited Green Eggs on a very chilly Sunday in February. People waited in the line shivering to be seated in a tight restaurant, filled with warmth and cheer from the waiters and waitresses. Ours were excellent. If its a couple outing, you can find yourself sitting at a table for 6 with others. But we didn't mind. We had the shrimp and grits and the French Toast and shared both, which were great portions. We went for their trademark Red Velvet pancakes. But it was so monsterous we decided on other dishes.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I live on the main line, more than 25 minutes away from this particular Green Eggs Cafe location and this is THE one place I bring all my out-of-town guests for brunch. It's also where I send locals who work in the city and have never heard of it. (How, I have no idea)
Yes the hours are limited, the cafe is small and they only accept cash but there's always a line out the door and for good reason. The food is always amazing!! Fresh, local and organic with offerings such as my favorite, the creme brulee french toast, shrimp & grits, and they're locally famous red velvet pancakes.
Do yourself a favor and visit this amazing Philly local establishment, or do me a favor and leave it all for me :-) * Just kidding

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were looking for a different option for breakfast, and found it at Green Egg Cafe. I had the Red Velvet Pancakes, and they were exceptional! It was an obscenely huge portion, enough to share with one or more of your closest friends! I was vey, very happy with my breakfast, but my husband's omelet was disappointing. He ordered a Ham & Cheese Omelet, but there was very little cheese, and even less ham. My only other complaint was that I was never offered a warm-up on my coffee.