“Love this place... Wait in line!”
Review of Spread Bagelry

Spread Bagelry
Ranked #18 of 161 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The weekends will be sure to greet you with a long line, but its worth it. The bagel and egg sandwiches are good and everything is always fresh.

The owner is always around helping out and love love the funky 70s and 80s jams they play.

This is a weekend must stop for me.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This is truly the best pastrami. I can't stop thinking about it. The whitefish was good, but the pastrami with mustard was worth the trip to Philadelphia ( or Carnegie Deli in NY) . Unfortunately they totally mixed up our takeaway order on an outrageously busy Sunday and we got the Russian dressing with Coleslaw Pastrami, which was less desirable as it was greasiest than the Mustard version and didn't compliment as well. I made 2 trips in 3 days. Weekdays are quiet but weekends the line is out the door with an accordion out front. I will be back!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is my go-to bagel joint. The bagels are Montreal style, which means they are chewy and dense. They also serve great coffee. It is hard to snag a table and the layout of the restaurant is a little awkward when you stand in line. I still say the bagels are worth the wait!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I had been there several times when we are in Upenn, the price is reasonable and I like the bagels there.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've heard about this place from a few friends and finally tried it. Well, the shop itself is nice and cozy. They make everything right in front of you, so you know what goes in your meal. However, their bagels are not that great. The spread that they use here is nothing close to being good either. And one more thing, it is expensive!

1  Thank C8MAPTA