“Very nice Italian”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was very good - like all the pastas at our table. Decor was high end and pleasant. Service was professional

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've been to Il pittore 3 times now and so i feel pretty certain of my impression of it. The service is homey, thoughtful, and welcoming. the food is quite good, especially the homemade pasta dishes (the ravioli i shared with my dinner partner had just the right balance of buttery lemony piquancy, served a perfect al dente, of course)- very fresh, high quality and well prepared (and i'm extremely fussy). i requested that my cocktail meet certain specifications, which it did admirably- there being no question that ONLY fresh lime is used. the atmosphere is bustling but relaxed. the wait staff is very competent. in other words, Il Pittore is the perfect antidote to a hard day at the office. a home run for Mr Starr.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The wine selection is very Italian...so, I was completely lost...settled for a so-so Valpolicello for $65...almost everything else was more expensive.
I'd give my lamb chops a 7 out of 10.
The Brussels Sprouts were very good.
Also, ambiance & service was top-rate. Place was full at 8 PM on Sunday evening ! Almost everybody was dressed...so, do not show up in your shorts.
1 small complain - they did not validate my parking (Excuse: ran out of vouchers ??)..would have been worth 50% of $14 that I paid at the parking garage next door.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

WE squeezed in last minute reservations for dinner before going to the Adrienne theatre's production of RFK , just across the street. The ambience is very nice, not too stuffy but a gracious evening out. the menu is not extensive but long enough to satisfy most tastes. the wait staff was VERY attentive and genial AND most helpful. the food was terrific. They gave us ample warning that the pasta dishes were of a size that makes it possible to enjoy 3 courses. I had the veal cheeks which were the most tender meat I've EVER had. I started with the braised beets. Both superb. Even the breads were delicious! ( we used those to enjoy EVERY morsel of the delicious sauces. Can't say enough good things! Try it and ENJOY!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is NOT the place to go if you are hungry or a big eater. Pasta dishes are ok if you are in the first grade.The Pennsylvania lamb chops were simply not good. Greasy and chewy. AND THIS PLACE IS WAY OVER PRICED ! Overall not a very impressive place IMO. $600 for 7 people.
I left the restaurant and immediately went across the street and had a cheeseburger and a shake at the Shake Shack.

3  Thank ray q