“warm, intimate, subtle, superb service”
Review of Il Pittore - CLOSED

Il Pittore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I happened just to be walking by while I was waiting for a reserved table elsewhere and was attracted by the warm intimacy of the room to stop in for a drink. The pleasantly attentive wait staff and attractive menu induced me to cancel my other reservation and have a light dinner. I had a starter and a pasta plate, both small portions as others have noted here. But beautifully prepared, with complex if not particularly bold flavor. The grilled asparagus starter was dressed in a light vinaigrette that nicely cut the richness of the soft egg topper. A ribbon pasta with spiced shredded duck was subtle and delicious. Yes, the portions were small and the prices high, but the service is exceptional and the euro-ambience very appealing. While dining alone, I was made to feel very welcome. Well worth stopping by.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Table for four. Each ordered something different. Every dish was wonderful. The service was outstanding. Friendly staff. Pricey.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Fine dining involves small portions but these were laughable. The decor was very nice and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had one of the best meals ever at Il Pittore. We frequently dine in Boston's North End and Il Pittore was better than most of their top Italian restaurants. The pasta was extremely tender and the fillings creative. My husband raved about the bass and my scallops were outstanding. The wine recommendation was "spot on". The service was impeccable. It was a relaxing and wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked this on short notice. It was terrific. High quality food, with an outstanding sommelier service. The food and wine are italian, and they were determined that we were to have the best experience, and new wines were offered in mini tasting to ensure that the right selections were made. The food was beautifully cooked, and impeccably served. It did not much feature in our research of the many classy offerings that philly has, but if we had anything this good back home, I would be a regular.