“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Table for four. Each ordered something different. Every dish was wonderful. The service was outstanding. Friendly staff. Pricey.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Fine dining involves small portions but these were laughable. The decor was very nice and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had one of the best meals ever at Il Pittore. We frequently dine in Boston's North End and Il Pittore was better than most of their top Italian restaurants. The pasta was extremely tender and the fillings creative. My husband raved about the bass and my scallops were outstanding. The wine recommendation was "spot on". The service was impeccable. It was a relaxing and wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked this on short notice. It was terrific. High quality food, with an outstanding sommelier service. The food and wine are italian, and they were determined that we were to have the best experience, and new wines were offered in mini tasting to ensure that the right selections were made. The food was beautifully cooked, and impeccably served. It did not much feature in our research of the many classy offerings that philly has, but if we had anything this good back home, I would be a regular.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was part of a large group having dinner here and the service was excellent. I was able to sample several of the pastas and they were all delectable. I had the veal cheeks as an entree and it was so tender and flavorful, nicely matched with the polenta it was served over. Excellent charcuterie and wines. I will definitely return.