“Wonderful time in South Philly”
Review of Ulivo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were visiting relatives and they took us to Ulivo -- their favorite restaurant. Great atmosphere and friendly staff and the place was packed. BYOB. Fabulous appetizers -- mussels and crispy polenta are great and the sides were delicious especially the gnocchi, ziti and escarole. The grilled flat iron steak with arugula and olive tapenade was fantastic! This place is not to be missed!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a Philadelphian, I am proud of my city and all it has to offer. Ulivo is by far the best restaurant I have ever been to in my great city. The food is absolutely fantastic and the staff was very attentive. The gnocchi are to die for, so make sure your trip includes them!

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My cousin treated me to a luscious dinner at Ulvio for my birthday recently! We started our meal by sharing the mussels in a garlic chorizo sauce that were delicious, especially when dunking the fresh crusty Italian bread that accompanied the dish. As our main course we shared the ricotta gnocchi in a light spinach truffle sauce and the fettucine in a hearty lamb ragu bolognese. Both dishes were delicious and I'm not a big fan of gnocchi, but these were light, fluffy and tasty! The fettunine sauce was flavorful and the fettucine pefectly cooked al dente. The portions were moderately sized, yet quite filling. We finished off dinner with the lemoncello cheesecake, also a rich, creamy, solid delight!! Adding a bottle of Merlot and a seat by the window made for a perfect birthday dinner celebration!!

1  Thank MaryAnneG
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband is from Philly and we are spending some time with his family. We had and picked the restaurant from the yelp reviews. It was amazing. I had flown in from houston and the restaurant called my cell phone to confirm. I was on a plane, so my phone was off. We showed up at our reservation time and they had our table waiting. The ambiance was stunning. It's BYOB so plan accordingly. I had the steak frites, potatoes and arugula. The steak was perfectly cooked and the potatoes were delicious. My husband had the duck confit, beets and broccoli rab. We finished our meal with a chocolate pie/tort with cherries and mint. The combination was incredible. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again when in Philly.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been going to Ulivo at least once a year since it opened, and have consistently had outstanding meals. The other day the three of us shared a plate of ricotta gnocci (none better in Philly, as far as I know), and an order roasted beets. The entrees of pork saltimbocca, flat iron steak, and tonarelli with pork ragu sauce all were superb, and accompanied by a bottle of 2007 Cotes du Rhone. Affogato, raspberry sorbet/mint ice cream, and a rum cake dessert special topped off a great evening. The restaurant was almost full by 7:30 on a Wednesday, and the noise level was acceptable. Please keep up the great work!

1  Thank Allen N