“Company Party”

Con Murphy's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Con Murphy's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Street
Transit: This station is served by: Airport Line Regional Rail,Warminster Line Regional Rail,Wilmington/Newark Line Regional Rail,West,Trenton Line Regional Rail,Media/Elwyn,Line Regional Rail,Lansdale/Doylestown Line Regional Rail,Paoli/Thorndale Line Regional Rail,Manayunk/Norristown Line Regional Rail,Cynwyd Line Regional Rail,Chestnut Hill East
Description: Con Murphy's is an authentic cozy Irish Pub in the heart of Center City. Just a stones throw from Philly's best museums, hotels & attractions. Serving perhaps the best pint of Guinness in the city, along with 11 other beers on tap, a classy yet comfortable pub awaits you. With an outdoor patio right on The Ben Franklin Parkway there's no better place for people watching & taking in a nice sunset. Con Murphy's have created a menu to please all palates from the traditional Shepherds Pie (made with Lamb) & Fish'n'Chips to NY Strip Steaks & the local favorite Philly Cheesesteak. There is always a nice selection of seafood and daily specials available also. Finish off your meal with our delicious selection of housemade desserts that include Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Flourless Torte, Grand Marnier Creme Brulee and more. Of course an Irish pub isn't authentic without a traditional Irish Breakfast which is available on the breakfast menu that is served 7 days a week along with other morning-time favorites.
Melbourne, Florida
“Company Party”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff at Con Murphy's is very easy to deal with. I was planning a large business dinner from Florida with the help of the staff I was able to provide my company with a great evening of good food in a fun atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
Liam K, General Manager at Con Murphy's Irish Pub, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your business & for taking the time to write your kind review, we really appreciate it.

• Turkish first
Boston
“Not for breakfast!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was staying at the Windsor Suites, so tried out Con Murphy's which is on the premises. Service was slow, they'd run out of muffins, there was no fruit on the menu and the fried egss were overcooked and covered in pepper.

• Visited May 2013
I apologise for your unfavorable visit to Con Murphy's, we work hard EVERY day on improving our service & food. If you ever back in the area I would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Please let me know if you are.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Extraordinaire Hotel Experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On several occasions I have had the opportunity to dine in at Con Murphy's Irish Pub in downtown Philadelphia and every time it was a pleasant, tasteful, and active Pub environment. I have dined there at least 4 times in the beginning year of 2013. I would dine there again and I have recommended Con Murphy's Pub to others in the City of Brotherly Love. The staff is very friendly and professional in their skill set. Keep up the good work.

• Visited April 2013
Liam K, General Manager at Con Murphy's Irish Pub, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your continued support & for taking the time to write this kind review, we really appreciate it. See you soon!
Orlando, Florida
“Lunch Time”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was so suppose to meet a group of friends for lunch. We met outside of Tir Na Nog and I decided to Con Murphy's would be a better choice. We had the Crab Cake Salads -- perfectly appealing and filling. Great for business dining,

• Visited May 2013
Thank you very much for your business & for taking the time to write this kind review, we really appreciate it. See you soon!
Seattle area
“VERY NOISY and not a family place. Good bar scene for 21-30 yr olds”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We almost turned around and left as soon as we entered. The music was BLARING. A waitress took us upstairs where it was a little quieter. The food and Irish beer were good. We had the Shepherd's Pie. What really ruined the meal was that the server spilled 2 entire glasses of beer on my husband and the table. She never really apologized or offered free beers, a meal, or any compensation at all. His pants were soaked with beer!! So, between the loud music and poor service we would not ever go here again. That was our first meal in Philly. Quite the welcome to Philly! :-(

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Imamom
I apologize for your forgettable experience here at Con Murphy's, I can assure you we are more competent than that. The next time you are in town I would like the opportunity to show you the hospitality & service that we are well known for. Again, I apologize. Liam.