“Great Stuffed French Toast”

Sabrina's Cafe at Powelton
Ranked #104 of 4,372 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Finally! Sabrina’s Cafe has made it’s way across the river and into University City. Sabrina’s finds itself in the heart of the Powelton Village nestled in a historic Victorian manor with a enclosed wrap around porch. Serving up the comfort food you’ve come to expect from Sabrina’s but now within walking distance. Vegan and vegetarian friendly Sabrina’s is a great place to meet up with friends over some good’ol home style cooking.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Stuffed French Toast”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The stuffed french toast is delicious! An absolute must! The order is very large, great for two people to split. Otherwise you can take the leftovers home and heat them up for later.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nowcid

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Australia
“delicious”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome, immediatly we were offered tap water. The menu was large and so many choices all sounding very good. I lobed the brunch choices!
We were both delighted with our meals and our coffee - and surprised to get a free coffee top up poured at the table!
Very funky setting and we only wish we were staying more than one night so we could return.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank umarpop
Towson, Maryland, United States
“BRUNCH WAS INVENTED FOR THIS PLACE”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hey, you say, Powelton Village, and you are from Philly, and you think 1970's M.O.V.E. standoff and all sorts of bad things. Now, having visited Sabrina's, my mind thinks about Challah French Toast, great coffee and leftovers from everyone else's meal(s). Men's minds CAN evolve!

Okay, graduation at UPENN meant lots of traffic and people. A friend's family invited us to Sabrina's to top off a hungry morning, and I took the invite as a bit of a joke. Powelton? Water Cannons? I remember the 70's. But no -- things have changed!

Sabrina's is a very quaint restaurant tucked into what looks like an old house/castle on the corner of like 34 & Powelton. It is the only restaurant there. As I entered and smelled all of the flavors of brunch, I liked it immediately. When a table for 7 was accommodated nicely, I fell in love.

This place has the greatest stuffed Challah French toast ever. My young swimming buddy called it a day after eating half of his portion because his belly was full! Mine was not, so I tasted the omelet, the potatoes and other such fun stuff off the plates of others -- I mooched food. Top this off with some very fine coffee, and a price tag that was imminently manageable, and you have yourself a hidden urban treasure.

Go, enjoy, pass it on. Pleasure is better when shared.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HijodeErnesto
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Hustle and bustle while you eat”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and each time come away with the same impression. Fun place to be; always busy, lots to see and the food is good and reasonably priced. Place is cute and artsy, located right in the heart of "collegeville," Drexel U of P. This last time there were students everywhere outside all having a great time which gave out so much energy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank monkeyboobs
Pennsylvania
“Sabrina's on Powelton... SUPER meal!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have come here a lot at lunch time because my son has a class on Saturdays in the neighborhood. I always have a cup of soup, as I am not a big lunch eater... but, I have always noticed the beautiful & bountiful plates of delicious looking dishes pass by! SO.... we decided to try Sabrina's out for dinner on Saturday night. We had tickets to a performance at The Annenberg, so we thought it was a great choice.... WOW! Were we right! My husband, son & I had a FANTASTIC dining experience. Let's begin with the food... We shared the vegetable spring rolls... LARGE portion, plenty to share & absolutely DELISH! I had the Tequila Salmon.... SO good! My son had the mussels & ate every bite! My husband had the meatloaf & said it was fantastic. The portions are large, so order wisely. I liked the fact that our waitress was honest in telling us about the larger than normal portion size.... I saw many stuffed French Toast entrees passing me by, many had take home containers! THAT looks amazing... you can order breakfast all day long. The food is home made & tastes that way. The servers are really attentive as our water glasses were kept full. The manager & wait staff asked how our meals were a couple of times, which made us feel welcome and cared about... The atmosphere is really special since we are on a college campus... it feels young, vibrant and energetic! I love it here ! We will return very soon! GREAT value for your money!!

• Visited April 2013