“Nouvelle Indian with Superb Chef and Service”
Review of Tashan

Tashan
Ranked #469 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, French, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Catharine St.
Transit: 2 Blocks south of Lombard-South station on the Broad St line. Easily accessible by bus routes 4, 27, 32, and 40.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not a lover of Indian food but this is a unique experience. We had a chefs tasting menu for 3 and it was wonderful. Our waiter Chad was incredible and the venue is lovely. Plenty to eat for my son and husband who are foodies.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food and service were very good.
We were a party of 5. We each had a couple drinks, a variety of tapas for diner, and 2 desserts. Our bill was a little over $400. Our waitress was very good. We would have left a 20% tip but she already added it to the bill? I do not care for the auto gratuity.
All in all an overall good dining experience. I would go back but not too often.

1  Thank jt47
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not only is this the best Indian food I've tasted in a long time, the restaurant has a cool vibe with fun servers. For a special night, me and my boyfriend sat in the back wine room!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

this was a special meal. The chef tasting menu was creative, and treated us to an evening we still talk about. we will return!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I went to Tashan after seeing a Living Social deal for their Tasting Menu. It was wonderful! We had the "five course" tasting menu, but we had at least eight dishes...they just kept coming! Our waiter, Bennet, was very good and made the experience even better with his great attitude and helpful nature.

We loved seeing the open kitchen and watching the team of chefs prepare meals in the Tandoori oven. Such a unique experience! Valet parking was an added plus for us and the decor was beautiful. We will definitely return!