“Daily Bread” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #477 of 4,318 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cafe, French, European, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: One of two Philadelphia locations. The other is at 8th and Walnut.
Rochester, Minnesota
“Daily Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went every day we were on vacation. The breakfasts are fresh and flavorful, the jellies and assorted peanut butters are to die for. Give me coffee in a bowl and fresh veggies with my eggs and I'm sold!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MJ P

Cape May, New Jersey
“Slipping?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I ordered the Tuscan platter for the third time. I was thrilled the first time. The second time the sundried tomatoes had an odd chemical taste and I couldn't eat them. Today is it the same for the tomatoes. The ones I make and buy are so much cleaner tasting, so I am surprised about these here. Today my cheese has a refrigerator flavor meaning to me it wa cut yesterday or earlier. Yuck. The atmosphere is usually great but it is very hot in here today and everyone is complaining. They just say the air is on. I wonder if my favorite lunch place is slipping.

• Visited April 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent healthy lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The presentation was beautiful, ingredients were super fresh and the staff was very attentive and friendly. Coffee served in French style soup bowls! Nice bakery in-store too if you are on the run. Went to the one closest to the central Liberty Bell area.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved the bread, the "jams" (including chocolate) and the oatmeal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a lovely small restaurant (part of a chain) in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. My husband and I ordered the bread "basket" for $7.95 and had enough breads for two breakfasts at the restaurant PLUS two breakfasts at home. The variety of bread was amazing and everything was so fresh. The blueberry and apricot jams were delicious (I now realize how lousy the commercial brands are!) and there's a dark chocolate spread that's wonderful. Our daughter ordered the (steel cut) oatmeal with fruit and had her choice of having it prepared with milk or water. The place is decorated in a non-fussy French country style and the "host" and waitstaff were really helpful. I can hardly wait to go there again. I just wish they'd open up a restaurant in my hometown.

• Visited February 2013
Southampton
“Good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

A very French place with a better service than in France (and I'm French ;0))
A bit pricey for breakfast but I liked the concept and the food.

Visited February 2013