“Awesome Ice Cream”
Review of Bassetts Ice Cream

Bassetts Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 101 Dessert in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife is claiming that this is the best ice cream she has ever had. I think I have to agree with her.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Literally, the best ice cream I've had outside of my home city. nice and creamy and not like store bought air fluff. They offer at least 8 gluten free flavors and they'll work with you to use a clean scoop.

1  Thank spinal77
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There's little wonder why Bassett's has been around for 150 years. It's plain and simple just plain and simple ice cream. It's made the way it's supposed to be with no insane (well almost none) flavor choices that no one cares about. Pure ingredients made from the same recipe for 150 years. We get to Philadelphia a few times a year and Bassett's winds up being breakfast while we wait for the brisket to get ready at Dinnic's. Now that's a breakfast of champions. Don't miss it!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you are in center city Philly, and you like ice cream, you have to stop. They are located in the Reading Market. They have a great variety of flavors. All of the flavors my family tried so far were excellent.
The servers are friendly and are FAST. The line was really long and a lady asked if the wait would be over an hour from where she stood.She was amazed when I told her 10 minutes- tops. She had her ice cream in hand in about 5 minutes.

1  Thank stosh h
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A good dessert to eat as you walk around The Reading Terminal. I had peanut butter and jelly and it was really good.