“Best Ice Cream Around”
Review of Bassetts Ice Cream

Bassetts Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 105 Dessert in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am not much of an ice cream eater, especially in the middle of winter, but I feel safe in saying that you will not find better ice cream in the Philadelphia area. The quality is outstanding and the variety of flavors reminds me of Baskin Robbins.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

So here I am excited to go to Bassetts because I saw it on the food channel and (as much as I love Ice cream) wanted to visit and taste what I was told was the best ice scream in Philly. When I got tot he counter, the cashier looks as if he didn't want to be there at all and without a greeting asked me what I wanted. When I ask for a floavor, he told me 'we don't have that flavoe' with an attitude. I aske for another flavor, he took y money, gave me my change and pointed to where I should pick up the ice scream. Why would I EVER go back there with that kind of attitude???

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am a true blue, Breyers vanilla ice-cream girl, but Bassetts Vanilla Fudge is the best!!! Been eating Bassetts since the 60's when they had a small store in the actual Reading Train Terminal. Service is quick, portions are good, price is moderate. VERY YUMMY!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

There is a reason why people come here. I cannot tell a lie, I LIKE ice cream and this is some of the best I have tasted. Enjoy !

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Best ice cream. I had the pistachio. Other in group have chocolate, vanilla, etc. everyone loved it. We went two times in a 3 day period. You will not be disappointed.