“Surprise visit”

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #305 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Le Pain Quotidien serves simple, elegant boulangerie fare made with organic ingredients whenever possible: breakfast, tartines, pastries and handmade organic bread & many vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were planning a quick snack before a show at the Walnut St Theater at a "belgian waffle" restaurant that we found closed when we got to the city. We walked to the next block and found Le Pain Quotidien. It was fate. We only had sweets but would definitely go back for more. The staff were all very friendly and the coffee and desserts were divine! The best iced coffee I've had.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a quick coffee on a Sunday and spotted this place. Very nice atmosphere, good menu, delicious food (the scrambled eggs with salmon and sour cream was perfect) and excellent coffee. Glad I stopped in

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wonderful lunch restaurant for great fresh food. They have awesome rustic bread and fruit spreads to accompany them. The dessert and coffee is good too. They even serve wine and beer. Right near Wills Eye Hospital it's a great place to fall into. I would absolutely go again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had a very good sweet potato soup and goat cheese toasts. Simple food, but very very tasty and well presented. I finished off with carrot cake and coffee. The coffee was a bit disappointing. The only disturbing thing was that next to each item on the menu was the calorie count! I guess good for those who are on a diet, but made me feel guilty (although the carrot cake was surprisingly not as high as other desserts - but still very tasty).

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Really nice atmosphere, rustic, unpretentious, great service and very good food. After having left France a week earlier, I was craving for a decent pastry for breakfast and got one! In addition I ordered a goats cheese and spinach omlette which was heavenly and just what I needed on a Sunday morning before a power shop in downtown Phily. The menu was varied with a choice of specials, pastries or more traditional breakfasts. The tea came in a pot and extra organic bread came with the omlette. The crowd here is mainly local and mixed from solos to families gathered round a big communal table. The best thing apart from the food was feeling unrushed, despite the fact that the place was busy with people waiting.
Oh and by the way, do leave space for the pain au chocolat! Made me miss France so rang my parents in France to tell them how good my breakfast was!