“Quick and delicious!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to grab a bite quickly before a concert and this place was perfect! Close to our hotel, decent menu selection, good-sized portions, and very reasonably priced! We got a personal pizza (which was bigger than most personal pizzas we've seen elsewhere!) and a mixed cheese sandwich (delicious roll!).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just had lunch after a tough time choosing from the giant list of meal selections. The chicken panino sandwich was very good, and my son's "the Bomb" cheesesteak was excellent. This place has many pizza choices including jambalaya, and several steaks, grinders, and sandwiches. The service was quick, food hot and tasty, and prices very fair. The location is convenient to Jefferson and the Walnut Street Theater. The restaurant and rest room were very clean. Top Tomato was a great choice for lunch.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had two lunches here on labour day weekend. The waitress was one of the best we have had in our 5 week vacation. We had a Reuben and a Philly cheesesteak and wine for $4 a glass and in a town where most glasses cost $12 it was great. They r very busy with take out due to the proximity of the Jefferson hospital and university. If you r visiting from overseas just remember that hospital staff wear their scrubs out on the street! In a country obsessed with hygiene we thought this bizarre . Thanks for a great time!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

In a city where pizza is a religion, Top Tomato is a true contender. I've always had them delivered, and they always arrive within the promised window, hot and perfectly prepared. They're not cheap: a large (16"/8 large slices) with 3 toppings runs > $20, but they're absolutely worth it -- especially since one of these can feed me for 4 days, and they re-heat exceptionally well under the broiler.

Pizza is one of those foods that can range from atmospheric to nauseating, depending on the care taken in their preparation, and the quality of ingredients. Top Tomato's pies are always first-rate. Out-of-town friends from cities without a true pizza tradition always rave when they sample TT's offerings, and even my New York friends admit that TT is as good as anything back home.

1  Thank Ted Fry
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Was here tonight and I've yet to find a pizza in Philly that honestly WOWs me. The crust here was good, the sauce-very tomato based (which isn't bad). Id recommend higher quality toppings...the pepperoni was ok, as was the ham...try a Boars Head or Thruman's...they should be available, and people like me would pay a little more for the quality. I will say, the speed and service were friendly and excellent...I even saw the owner thanking folks for coming in. This place does prove that a 'good' oven pizza meets or exceeds a coal fired pizza. Would recommend, but probably not make a special trip.