“Best hotel in Philadelphia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
San Francisco, California
“Best hotel in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I rarely write reviews but my stay at Rittenhous 1715 was so wonderful that I had to leave a review. The staff is beyond helpful and welcoming. when I arrived the woman at the front desk was beyond helpful with all of my questions about the area. the rooms are adorable and cozy. the breakfast in the morning is fantastic, freashly baked goods in an adorable cafe down stairs. from now on I will stay here every time I come to Philly, no question!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Margaret D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was a charming and hospitable small hotel in a great location. I shared a room with my daughter and we were not crowded. There was white wine for guests in the living room and a very pleasant breakfast room. The staff were certainly helpful and out to please. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Barbdes9
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

As others have said in their reviews, this is a lovely hotel. Our room was quiet, clean, nicely decorated, with good quality sheets and towels. The staff was wonderful and the location is great. But I have to concur with others that said the breakfast was disappointing. The continental breakfast (which is included in the price) is limited and the pastries are not great. If we stay here again we would just go out for breakfast. We also thought it would have been nice to have some cookies or snacks or tea with the afternoon wine (we’re not wine drinkers). But again, the staff and hotel itself was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CA-MR
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I just returned from this sweet, clean, charming boutique hotel in a wonderful area of Philadelphia. The room was small and somewhat dark, but very clean and comfortable. Good bed and good linens.The staff was very accomodating. It felt more like a European hotel than an American one. It was very pleasant. We would certainly return, unless we were more in the mood for a place with a gym, restaurant , etc. The breakfast was fine, better than many continental breakfasts that hotels serve.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mw180
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

great location near Rittenhouse square, a close walk to the city center, many good restaurants close-by. Pleasant staff, room was quiet and very comfortable. We got a good rate thru the "jetsetter" website. We enjoyed our stay so much, we stayed an extra night. We took a taxi from the airport for less than $40, there is a parking lot right across the street but I heard the rates were pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Perfect Location!, perfect small, "Boutique" hotel! Our room was absolutely PERFECT for the week we were in the city. The shower was amazing - the water temperature got so hot, it created a sauna in the shower area and the Molton Brown amenities made it a spa like experience! I did have to ask the housekeeper to change our sheets as I did find what looked like dried crusted boogers on the sheets when I pulled them down to go to sleep ... but, since we were drunk, I didn't care too much at the time and was willing to just leave a note for the housekeeper to change them in the morning, which she did. I would DEFINITELY stay here again....boogers and all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elk137
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I were planning an overnight getaway to Philly in December and I managed to find a great deal on this Boutique Hotel! It was WONDERFUL. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was upgraded to a suite with a fireplace and a beautiful bathroom with rain shower. I liked the code system for the doors so you didn't have to worry about carrying around a key with you. The location right near Rittenhouse Square was perfect. And complimentary breakfast the next morning was convenient and delicious. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for a quaint, romantic place to stay in Philly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple