“A Great Boutique Hotel”

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here a number of months ago and regret not writing this sooner. The 1715 was a wonderful hotel.. It is a beautiful converted group of townhouses. From the minute you enter they treat you like family. Our room was upgraded to a very nice suite with living room and bedroom with king bed. It was lovely. They offer afternoon wine in the library/ living room and breakfast in a delightful cozy dining room. The location just off Rittenhouse Square could not have been better. We were near shops and restaurants. Parking was about two blocks away which was very easy to get to and very reasonably priced. Our overall stay here was wonderful. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: The front desk was very helpful in explaining all the rooms. Discuss your needs with them.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is exceptional beyond words! The staff is excellent. I got in at 7pm and it was dark so the front office lady parked my car 2 blocks down for me. I was in the Rittenhouse suite and it was gorgeous and so clean! Clean is a major thing with me. This place sparkles! The room had 2 TVs and it had tons of channels which is so rare. The bathroom was a good size with great towels and toiletries. The shower had a rain shower head plus a hand held and was big enough for 2. I could go on and on. But I know one thing, I will always stay here when I come back to this city.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Traveltracy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

In Rittenhouse Square, this small (23 room) hotel has more support staff than customers - or so it seems. From the pre-contact by the conciege, to the smiling greeting on arrival, to the daily hellos and goodbyes, to the final farewell, the staff was the best I have ever dealt with. The room was a good size and comfortable, the beds were soft and plush if you like it that way (I do not but I was very comfortable anyway), the continental breakfast (and service) were much better than advertised - and everything was in walking distance (assuming weatehr cooperates) of 90% of what we wanted to do on holiday. And price was very minimally more that lesser budget hotels. You'll enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed like they would be quiet. Front rooms on quiet street but opposite small public par...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ams44
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This lovely hotel is one half block from Rittenhouse Square. It has been beautifully restored with great attention to detail. It is a wonderful departure from the chain hotels.
Service is exceptional. The staff goes above and beyond, as they did in our case. Because our room was not ready when we arrived early for check in, we were upgraded to a room with a fireplace. They also provided a rollaway bed at no additional charge. They actually remembered who we were each time we traveled through the lobby area, and this on a one night stay.
I highly recommend this property. It will be my go-to in Philadelphia from now on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Lovely intimate and comfortable refuge. Very very friendly and thoroughly professional staff. A touch of luxury, yet cozy. Decent breakfast. Wine get-together late afternoons. Within walking distance of lots of super restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 for seven nights from 5-12 December 2012 for a city break to Philadelphia.
All the staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. On quite a number of occasions, we were offered a complimentary cup of tea when we returned from a day's sightseeing in Philly - which was a most welcome gesture for a couple from England.
The Rittenhouse 1715 is a really charming and cosy hotel, it felt more like we were staying at a friend's home rather than a hotel.
The complimentary breakfast was fine offering breads, pastries, fruit and hot drinks.
The location was great just off Rittenhouse Square with restaurants, cafes and diners all close by.
We definitely recommend this hotel to all who are planning a trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located centrally in Philadelphia, this small and utterly charming hotel is a real find. Upon arrival in Philly, I dropped my bag off at the hotel and was assured that I'd find it in my room when I came back from work. And indeed, it was in my room as promised. The lobby is beautifully but not ostentatiously furnished and is welcoming, as is the staff.I felt like I was visiting a friend's house because of all the personal touches. On couple of occasions I had to ask for help and received it promptly. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning, in an equally appealing setting. Individual tables were set with cloth napkins and mix and match porcelain china, again a personal touch.
The complimentary breakfast (self-service) is continental style, but one can order additional items such as eggs.

All in all this was a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business