“Excellent Hotel - a Gem in a Great Location”

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“Excellent Hotel - a Gem in a Great Location”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

In Rittenhouse Square, this small (23 room) hotel has more support staff than customers - or so it seems. From the pre-contact by the conciege, to the smiling greeting on arrival, to the daily hellos and goodbyes, to the final farewell, the staff was the best I have ever dealt with. The room was a good size and comfortable, the beds were soft and plush if you like it that way (I do not but I was very comfortable anyway), the continental breakfast (and service) were much better than advertised - and everything was in walking distance (assuming weatehr cooperates) of 90% of what we wanted to do on holiday. And price was very minimally more that lesser budget hotels. You'll enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed like they would be quiet. Front rooms on quiet street but opposite small public par...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ams44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This lovely hotel is one half block from Rittenhouse Square. It has been beautifully restored with great attention to detail. It is a wonderful departure from the chain hotels.
Service is exceptional. The staff goes above and beyond, as they did in our case. Because our room was not ready when we arrived early for check in, we were upgraded to a room with a fireplace. They also provided a rollaway bed at no additional charge. They actually remembered who we were each time we traveled through the lobby area, and this on a one night stay.
I highly recommend this property. It will be my go-to in Philadelphia from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chevy Chase, Md
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Lovely intimate and comfortable refuge. Very very friendly and thoroughly professional staff. A touch of luxury, yet cozy. Decent breakfast. Wine get-together late afternoons. Within walking distance of lots of super restaurants. Highly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 for seven nights from 5-12 December 2012 for a city break to Philadelphia.
All the staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. On quite a number of occasions, we were offered a complimentary cup of tea when we returned from a day's sightseeing in Philly - which was a most welcome gesture for a couple from England.
The Rittenhouse 1715 is a really charming and cosy hotel, it felt more like we were staying at a friend's home rather than a hotel.
The complimentary breakfast was fine offering breads, pastries, fruit and hot drinks.
The location was great just off Rittenhouse Square with restaurants, cafes and diners all close by.
We definitely recommend this hotel to all who are planning a trip to Philadelphia.

New York, NY
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located centrally in Philadelphia, this small and utterly charming hotel is a real find. Upon arrival in Philly, I dropped my bag off at the hotel and was assured that I'd find it in my room when I came back from work. And indeed, it was in my room as promised. The lobby is beautifully but not ostentatiously furnished and is welcoming, as is the staff.I felt like I was visiting a friend's house because of all the personal touches. On couple of occasions I had to ask for help and received it promptly. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning, in an equally appealing setting. Individual tables were set with cloth napkins and mix and match porcelain china, again a personal touch.
The complimentary breakfast (self-service) is continental style, but one can order additional items such as eggs.

All in all this was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Daisy B
Martensville, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.
Everything was fantastic. People were polite and helpful ( Thank you Vincent) and were always willing to give us advice. We were in town for a football game and were told exactly how to get there.

The room was fantastic, the only downside was that the box spring would not stay on the rails. And the shower made an annoying sound but both things were nothing major.

I wish i skipped my NYC trip and spent all of thanksgiving in Philadelphia at this little slice of heaven.

Thank you to the staff at the Rittenhouse 1715 for making our engagement trip fantastic.

Room Tip: We were in 307? and love everything about it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, MA
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I created a tripadvisor account in order to leave a 5 star review for this fabulous boutique hotel! Great location, outstanding service, clean and spacious rooms, extremely comfortable beds, and lovely amenities. My husband and I visited Philly and could not have been more pleased with the attentive staff or the comfortable and quiet rooms. The location is on a quiet side street to the beautiful Rittenhouse Square Park. There is shopping and great dining all within easy walking distance. What more could you want?

We will be sure to return to Rittenhouse 1715 during any future stays to Philly and only wish such a hotel were available wherever we traveled!