“Excellent boutique hotel”

Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent boutique hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for several days with my husband, and we had a wonderful experience. It is 2 older houses that have been renovated to make this antique-y type place that is a cross between a bed and breakfast and a hotel.

The rooms were larger than I expected and were quite functional. My husband loved the old-fashioned decor of the rooms (I am more of a modern girl myself, but it was very nice). The bathroom was fine, except there was hardly any counter space to put shaving kits/make up bags.

The only downside to the room was that the housekeeping was inconsistent. One day, our entire room had been reorganized and cleaned spotlessly. Another day, the bed had been made, but not much else had been done. Towels had been taken but not replaced; same thing with the toiletries. Bottles of water were left for turn down service some nights, but not all nights. In the end, it was not such a big deal, but the inconsistency was unusual for such a place.

There continental breakfast that is served in their small dining area is quite nice. It is muffins, bagels, whole fruit, cereal and milk. You can also order eggs/omelettes/pancakes for an extra $8 I believe, and they can make fresh fruit juices and smoothies for an extra $4.

The front desk service was very helpful and friendly. They really get to know you, as someone is always sitting right by the front door. They greet you as you exit and enter and make small talk, which for us was great, but if you want the experience of being left alone in a large hotel, it's not the place for you.

There is also a small wine reception in the lobby area each night. It was never very busy, and we were invited to take wine to our rooms to enjoy.

All in all, this was a fantastic trip, but I would like to try something more modern and newer next time. The city we come from has tons of places like this, so for us, it wasn't as unique as it could be for someone else. However, we had a great stay and would recommend this to anyone looking for a small hotel with a personal touch.

Room Tip: I think most rooms have elevator access, but you should make sure if you have any mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for three nights with my husband and three year old son. From the moment we arrived, the staff was very attentive and accomodating. The inn is in a fabulous location right near Rittenhouse Square. The inn itself is extremely clean and the staff is very professional yet friendly. The rooms are nicely equipped and the hotel provides luxury linens and Molton Brown bath products. Truthfully, I was a bit apprehensive about staying here as boutique hotels aren't always the best choice when traveling with a small child, but everyone at the inn was great with my son and made us feel very comfortable. On the second morning, while enjoying the complimentary continental breakfast, the owner of the hotel, Jared, stopped at our table to find out how we were enjoying the hotel which my husband and I both appreciated. In addition, we asked him if he could recommend a restaurant for dinner and he recommended a great restaurant around the corner from the hotel and even went so far as to personally make us a reservation when he could have easily asked one of his staff to do it for him. My husband and I can be critical of hotels and are very picky, and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would not hesitate to stay here again, even with my son. In fact, when traveling to Philadelphia in the future, I probably will not stay anywhere else but the Rittenhouse 1715!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Crystal L
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a nice boutique hotel! Amazing bed, nice bathroom with good water pressure and the best thing of all . . . the staff! They genuinely want to make sure you have a great time in their city. They are always eager to help with restaurant recommendations and directions to our destinations. When returning to our hotel in the evening . . they seem very happy to see us. Almost like family coming home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel may be a little hard to find, but it is a top recommendation for staying in Philadelphia. It is small and very quiet, but the service is good and friendly, and the rooms are sensational. It also offers a normal breakfast cafe in the basement. The location is ok, the street being much more like an alleyway, and is surrounded by much taller buildings, but is a block away from Rittenhouse Square.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Excellent location, excellent accommodation, excellent customer service. In addition, the price we got through a TA Sniqueaway deal (a standard room for two w/ continental breakfast for $169 plus tax) made our stay even better. The desk staff and the concierge were wonderful.....professional, polite, friendly. Parking at nearby garage for only $15 for 24 hours. By the way, my girlfriend added an omelette ($8) to her continental breakfast and said it was the best she ever had. Compliments to the chef!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have now stayed several times at this wonderful small hotel. It's more like a B&B that has customer service as the top priority. The staff is charming and enthusiastic and more than happy to respond promptly to any request! I love it here...it's the only place I stay in Philly. Daniel and all the staff are awesome! By the way...I am really picky about my coffee(being from Seattle) and prefer it on the stronger side and it passes the test!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rita J
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Perfect!!! It's only think I can say about our stay!
Marian - she is the person, who deserve the highest appreciation.
We took two rooms for one night. Everything was immaculate. The beds were very comfortable, rooms - quiet, air - just perfect!
Right next to hotel is parking lot. It is more expensive then others, but you can see your car any time you want from the hotel's window (I have expensive Cadillac with my customer's belongings).
Now always when I'll go to The City of Brotherly Love I will stay here.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!