“Very positive experience, made me look good!”

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lexington, Kentucky
“Very positive experience, made me look good!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was asked to book 4 rooms for business colleagues and myself travelling in from around the US, plus I needed to book a conference room. I took a chance on this hotel and was very pleased. My boss thought it was an excellent selection, better than a traditional restaurant. The hotel staff gave good options on meeting rooms and made sure we had what we needed. When we needed a table for lunch at a local restaurant, the hotel owner walked over to "Parc" and personally reserved a table for us on the sidewalk overlooking the park. My colleagues and I actually got a flavor of Philadelphia rather than being confined in a generic hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BluegrassBicycler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

As a local PA native and having lived in Philly for 2 years several years ago, I feel as though I know the city well and the different hotels and their offerings. We have stayed at this hotel twice and it has been a simply divine experience. We were traveling with our toddler daughter and the staff could not have been more accomodating to the needs of our family. We were upgraded to a junior suite for our second stay which was perfect as it provided a full bathtub for our daughter as well as an alcove separate from the bedroom so she could sleep in peace. As we found it too cold for her to sleep, a staff member quickly came up, whisked off her shoes and closed a vent w/o making a peep to ensure she did not wake. The breakfast spread is delicious and healthy, they made a special treat for our daughter. The wine reception in the evening is perfect to cap off the night. All in all, the staff from font desk to owner to breakfast were wonderful and so kind. We will return again and again to this charming hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nbatta
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had a quirky room with eclectic furnishings. Staff at front desk was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was unexceptional, unless you pay extra for the hot selections. Fun to be in a bit of old Philadelphia. Will use this hotel again.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank katyzm
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night at the end of April 2011 for a wedding in Philadelphia, and I have to say, it was a very fun hotel in very walkable (for 2 New Yorkers) area of Philadelphia.
The hotel itself is tucked on a side street from Rittenhouse Square and felt very authentic and classic. The staff was as accommodating as they could be - the only reason I could not give them 5 stars is because they did not have our room ready after we had notified them we were arriving and needed early check in time to prepare for a wedding. Finally, they switched us to a (same priced) room with a smaller bed to get us in immediately.

The decor is very colonial classic feeling but still tasteful and almost chic. The layout is adorable with a tiny staircase hidden into the lobby.
The bathroom was very clean, as was the bedroom - with all the comforts one could hope for in a boutique hotel. If we ever need to stay in a hotel again in Philadelphia we will definitely come back to Rittenhouse 1715!

Room Tip: The staff was so sweet - being sweet back to them made a huge difference in being helped as much as...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amanda F
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 27, 2011

At my recent stay at the Rittenhouse 1715, a small boutique hotel in the very heart of Philadelphia, I enjoyed the highest appreciation as an individual traveler that I have ever experienced. Every single staff member was dedicated to fullfill my needs and wishes. I literally felt loved, welcomed and spoilt. The whole place, a wonderful little mansion, is focused on your comfort and well-being.
The highly attentive management creates an uncomparable ambiente and style that is clearly outstanding and one-of-a-kind. This is my future place to be in Philadelphia and I highly recommend this place to every individual traveler.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ulrike011
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We lived in Europe for 12 years. When we travelled, we enjoyed staying in B&B's and small Pensions. The Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel truly reminded us of those very pleasant experiences, where service is personal and rooms are spacious and well appointed. The location along a quiet side street in the heart of downtown Philadelphia added convenience and charm to the experience. We highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet getaway in the center of the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Service was excellent. Daniel was so pleasant, courteous and helpful with any suggestions or directions, etc. We will look forward to seeing him again the next time we stay at this hotel. The room was elegant, clean (very clean), and the bed was so comfortable. This boutique hotel is tucked away in an assuming area; therefore, it is very quiet. My husband and I loved coming back from touring, shopping, dining, etc. in the city to complete peacefulness. No noise in the hallway, no kids running about - it was peaceful and restful. Even the breakfast area is elegant and peaceful. We love coffee and it was fresh and delicious. The coffee cake was wonderful, also. -- We were in Philadelphia to visit with my son. We had one day to ourselves and a day and a half to spend with him. It was pretty easy to get around on our own the first day as Daniel suggested the Phlash Trolley, which we used - and it got us everywhere we wanted to go for only $5 a day. We loved the Terminal Market, Rittenhouse Square, Old City and Penns Landing. We enjoyed the Plough and Star Restaurant in Old City, and Marathon On The Square and Parc Restaurant (for big a cooked breakfast) in the Rittenhouse area. I highly recommend this hotel especially if you're looking for peace at the end of a busy day in the city. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple