“The absolute best!”

Mama's Vegetarian
Ranked #314 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Israeli
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Every single time I eat here, I finish and think "that was the best meal ever!". Every item I try here is the best I've ever tried of that item! I've searched far and wide and this place still remains top of my list for the best falafel, the best stuffed grape leaves, and holy moly, the best baklava (and all their other items too lol).

They offer the option of spicing up your food for you, adding tahini, and wheat/white pitas. Their hummus has the perfect amount of creaminess to it. The falafel is always soft without being too soft. The borekas were delicious. And I can't find better stuffed grape leaves anywhere. Do I need to go on? :)

Everything is always fresh, it's authentic, the place is clean, the workers are friendly, and the prices are reasonable. They draw a steady crowd at lunch time (and I think they close at 4?).

Overall, amazing!

1  Thank Peanutz2

Reviewed March 30, 2012

On a business trip to Philly I tried several resturants. This one was one of the best. My first clue was the lunch line that went out the door and onto the sidewalk. I had a little time, it was a nice day so I waited. The line moves fast. They make your sandwich in front of you to order. A falafel sandwich is $6.00 on a whole wheat pita. Believe me, that is all most people need. I ordered fries; I couldn't finish them. Same thing with a platter..which is $9.00, a better bargain, but great if you are shareing.
Did i happen to say just how good that falafel sandwhich is? It is so good that by telling everyone about the place i finally learned how to say falafel. lol

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Interesting crowd, friendly service, fabulous falafel. Surely the best in Philly and possibly the best you can get outside of Israel (so I've heard). Whether you dine in or take out, a visit to Mama's is always a treat. One thing to note is the opening hours, as Mama's closes daily at sunset and is closed for Shabbat on Saturday.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is one of the best falafel shops I've ever eaten at. Reasonable prices, good sized portions, clean and fresh pickled vegetable bar, whole-wheat pita choice.

Absolutely WONDERFUL!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

DELICOUS!!!!
fast
fresh
pleasant
yum
i eat at mamas anytime i am in philly and always bring home to my family