“I wanted it to be good”

Katie O'Donnell's
Ranked #1,008 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“I wanted it to be good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

It looks like such a cute place, I wanted it to be good. Food was ok. Salad was ok. Asparagus spear side dish was all stems with one tip - weird. Women's bathroom was disgusting and smelled like a backed up sewer. Manager never apologized or offered to clean it. She insisted it was clean and she could not smell anything. Greeter should wear better clothes. It makes for a horrible first impression. She was in an oversized yellow t-shirt and looked less than happy to be there. The entire place needs a major clean, it looks neglected. Server was attentive and nice.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kimmer189

Marlton, New Jersey
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We wanted to eat close to the Franklin Mills Mall and found Katie Odonnells. After waiting for a long time for someone to come over and seat us, we were told that the only table they had was outside....we didn't really want to go outside with two kids and clouds coming our way, but we had to. It took several minutes for a waitress to show up, we ordered drinks and nachos and then didn't see her for a while. Several minutes after taking our order the drinks arrived,,,,no nachos. After another 10 minutes they arrived....with all our other food as well. The food was not great and they nachos were terrible. After we got our check the waitress said someone called out sick and they were short handed. I will not be going back.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Leaner65
Bucks County, Penna.
“LOVED this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our group almost didn't go to Katie's because of the negative comments on this blog. We have now visited twice and we love this place. I can't understand the negativity. The prices were reasonable, the service was wonderful and the entertainment is fabulous. Where else can you go for dinner and then get a fabulous show for free? We went on two consecutive Sunday afternoons for Ragtime music and were jumping in our seats with joy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KarenY_9
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a ripoff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I never leave reviews for restaurants or bars. But I had to for this joint!

First i must tell you, don't waste your time! I went there last night for a Family birthday, bought 6 vodka and tonics within a hour and 15 minutes and received a bill for $105!!!! And I was still sober when I left!
How's that possible? To top it off, the server we had made us pay our bill at 12:45am because he wanted to end his shift so he could start drinking before they closed! We would've spent another $105 easy if he hadn't given us the bill early. Luckily he did though since I had no idea how much they were ripping me off!
Any place that has plastic lawn chairs in the dining area shouldn't be charging $17.50 a drink! The place is a dump!
Someone I was with showed me her mozzarella sticks, there was zero mozzarella in a few of them. It was a fried breadstick!
It's a shame because when my wife and I do get to finally go out we usually spend around $200 easy. Very rarely do we leave an establishment unsatisfied. Never again!
Bottom line, I've been to some of the largest nightclubs in New York Ciry to Miami, where every drink is expensive! This joint takes the cake! $17.50 a drink at a dump in the Franklin Mills Mall parking lot! Amazing!

1 Thank Twiloguy
Atlantic City, NJ
“Good Food Great Bartender”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped in there and we both had their turkey club sandwich......the turkey was moist and the portions were amazing. The Bartender was so helpful and nice....we would come back again......we enjoyed outselves there.

• Visited February 2013