All reviews temple university north philly warm cookies in the afternoon college students wonderful bed easy access to public transportation fresh baked cookies affordable hotel broad street continental breakfast tv channels center city a great place to stay close to downtown sitting room block walk definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was conveniantly located near everything my friend and I had on our to do list while visiting. We came down for a show at the Met which was walking distance or a quick cheap cab ride.

We stayed in room 201 which was cute. However the vent in bathroom was not clean and was covered in dust. The bathtub did not drain the water while we took showers. When we checked out we saw that they were under going renovations so I’ll give this location another should if I should visit PA again in the near future.

I mistakenly left my multiple usb port and portable charger behind and was told nothing was turned in when I called to inquire about it. Bummer.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2019

I needed a place close the Temple Hospital. Conwell Inn fits that bill plus they gave me a discount for hospital visiting. Next to Temple police station so felt safe. College staff were always helpful. Fresh baked cookies in afternoon. There were also several negatives including pay to park and have a fridge in room, no workout place or food served by Inn (other than cookies), they ran out of coffee packets for rooms the entire week, no ability to turn on AC in the room if you are too warm (they turn this feature off in the winter), Lyft rides had difficulty finding location to pickup, shower drained slow causing you to stand in 2 inches of water taking shower, mold stain on ceiling. It was good enough to meet our needs. But just understand the limitations going into it.

Room tip: Single bed rooms have much larger bathroom sink counter space for cosmetics, double bed rooms have very little bathroom sink counter space.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Located on the campus of Temple. Easy to find and parking behind the Inn. Rooms are charming and comfortable. Cookies when you check in. Happy staff and easy access to Temple hospital too. Quiet and delightful.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
GM_of_TheConwellInn, General Manager at Conwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Greetings!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. "Happy staff" is something that makes ME so happy to hear, and I'm glad they could provide a cheerful experience for you during your stay here. We hope to see you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Reviewed November 5, 2018

This hotel was on the recommended and discount list for patients at Temple University. It was the closest so I thought "why not?". Other than having a hard time finding the entrance ( 4x around the block) I have nothing bad to say. It was safe, comfortable, clean and charming. Mat at the front desk was awesome. It was a quick trip to the hospital for my appointments. The accommodated me with a room fridge for my RXs at no additional charge. I'll be going back again real soon. If you are looking for a fancy boutique hotel this is not for you. PS awesome beds and pillows!

Room tip: request parking when you book. They only have 9 spots.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Greetings!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad we were able to take care of you while you were using Temple University Hospital. I apologize that you had a tough time finding us at first (the only downside of being ON CAMPUS is needing to navigate THROUGH campus) but am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the hotel once you finally made it! Mat is the BEST, and of course, we gladly offer complimentary refrigerators when able to for medical needs. We look forward to seeing you again!

All the best!

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Safe and pleasant location right next to campus police. Felt very comfortable even though it was my first time visiting Philly. The staff were extremely nice. And except for one instance when I went to swipe my room card and it didn't register (which the staff swiftly took care of) the visit went off without a hitch :)

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are very privileged to have such an amazing and accommodating staff - "extremely nice" takes the words right out of my mouth! I'm sorry to hear you had an issue swiping into your room but happy we could take care of it right away. Even the best of stays can get foiled by the simplest technology sometimes! Thanks again and we can't wait for the next time!

Cheers!